Tired of empty seats, Senators remove at least 1,500 chairs

kickingfrog

"terrible location"

did the poor babies have to drive 20 minutes down the 417 to get to the game? GTF outta here with that Bull

Try drive to the ACC from etobicoke on a weekday night at 5pm..or better yet, burlington, oakville, vaughan or scarborough.

no one cares about the senaturds...move em to somewhere that people actually watch hockey and not CPAC

If you don't know what you're talking about, or who you're talking to you might be the one that needs to leave.

Suburban major league sport venues are a terrible idea no matter how strong the fan support is. That's not a Sens thing, that's urban planning 101.

BTW I drive/TTC to the ACC and SkyDome (as well as multiple other events in Toronto) every year from Barrie and my wife commutes to downtown T.O. every workday... but that's prolly a lot of bull too.

Suburban major league sport venues are a terrible idea no matter how strong the fan support is.

What's the logic behind that?

I would prefer to drive a little further and into Suburbia and avoid the big city congestion and stress, expensive parking or the Go Train to watch my team.

Edited by chris.brock

What's the logic behind that?

I would prefer to drive a little further and into Suburbia and avoid the big city congestion and stress, expensive parking or the Go Train to watch my team.

There are a few hundred thousand of us scattered for hundreds of kms around the horse shoe and over 2 million people living within the mass transit system. Sure, a few thousand of us make the trip each game maybe but the bulk of the people in the building game in, game out either live and/or work in Toronto proper.

Another component to this is that most of those core Toronto people will not travel the "other way" to sporting events when they are in suburbia.

I think some of the US teams are in suburban locations eg. NY Islanders.

Yes, we should look to the US for the best practises for urban planning and hockey arenas. :sarcasm:

The Islanders were in Nassau County (suburban NYC) and struggled for years. They moved to Brooklyn (the bulk of the hockey fans there are already Ranger fans) they also play in a building not built for hockey and have struggled there as well. Small rink too, 15 odd thousand seats.

Sure there are rinks in suburbia. Owners pit one municipality against another and get such a great deal they don't care about the fans. Edmonton's owner threatened to move to get a better deal. Calgary, with the help of Bettmen, did the same thing today.

NAH, they should un-tarp them and offer them free for military and first responders!!!!

The best suggestion I have read in a a hell of a long time, good for you Dave.

I lived north of Hyde Park in the 70's and commuted from the plant in Hamilton. I could make it there in 40 minutes, or less if hammering it if I had a promise. Now it's 40 minutes from downtown Hamilton to the GO station in Burlington at 8AM, crazy.

NAH, they should un-tarp them and offer them free for military and first responders!!!!

And make them watch the Senators?? What have you got against the military and first responders?? Lol

They should untarp them and make the politicians use them. That's the best punishment I can think of for the lousy job they do!

put the ACC in minto, theyd still sell out every game guaranteed

People in ottawa dont give a crap about the senaturds its that simple...if you did youd care enough you'd drive an hour to see them.

ive driven to buffalo multiple times to see the leafs, ive even drove to buffalo to see the oilers play. Thats a 3 hour drive on a weekday night.

Edited by AKRISONER

put the ACC in minto, theyd still sell out every game guaranteed

People in ottawa dont give a crap about the senaturds its that simple...if you did youd care enough you'd drive an hour to see them.

ive driven to buffalo multiple times to see the leafs, ive even drove to buffalo to see the oilers play. Thats a 3 hour drive on a weekday night.

They could put the ACC on the moon and leaf games would still sell out. It's the difference between a fan base and fair weather fans.

Look at the jays. Fans go to Seattle, Cleveland and Chicago to watch them. Hearing fans complain about an hour commute to the game where they pay 0 dollars to park ($35 now for leaf parking that is a 20 minute walk away) makes me laugh.

They could put the ACC on the moon and leaf games would still sell out. It's the difference between a fan base and fair weather fans.

Look at the jays. Fans go to Seattle, Cleveland and Chicago to watch them. Hearing fans complain about an hour commute to the game where they pay 0 dollars to park ($35 now for leaf parking that is a 20 minute walk away) makes me laugh.

TD Centre under ground, entrance off of Wellington is flat $10.00 from 5:30pm to 5:29am week days. Same with weekends. You can then take the "PATH" right to the ACC and you won't need a coat in the winter.

HH