God hates me,.......maybe I should hate him/her back

tjsa

OK, delayed leaving for Lakair until Wednesday, had a funeral to go to.

On the way to the funeral, car gives me grief. Sputters around 60 kph, died at a traffic light, restarted thankfully, then one of the "idiot" lights comes up, manual says its "service engine soon"!!!!!!!!!

darn!!!!!!

Staying below 60 kph, everything works just fine, above that, light comes on and it threatens to die on me again, losing power, but not completely if I back off on the speed. And, if I stop, and restart the engine, everything is back to normal, until I go above 60 kph for any sustained period of time.

Borrowed a buds ODB II scanner, it did not tell me anything?????????

Anyone have any ideers??

Cannot get it in for service until Monday at the earliest unfortunately.

Ya!!! GM Rocks!!!!!!!!!!

I think I am gonna save up some money in the next couple of years and by a darn Toyota.

Well that just sucks! I'll see what my buddy has to say when I'm talking with him later. (GM Mechanic for over 20 years) I've been thinking about Toyota as well, presently a GM guy. I did hear the other day that the new Toyota motors are having cam shafts cracking on them. :w00t: No problem because you'll get a brand new motor installed. Just a problem you want when you're towing to your favourite lake. I think I'll wait for a couple of years to get the bugs worked out on that one.

My buddy just called oddly enough. What type of vehicle? Which motor? First impressions are to change the fuel filter. Engine might be starving for fuel at the higher speeds and causing a misfire. This would then bring on the service engine light. He is puzzled why you can't get a code off of the reader as well. :dunno:

Edited by fishnsled

I have two cars...

17 year old Corolla with 380,000 kms on it. Only major things replaced are radiator, starter, alternator and wiper motor. Just get regular maintenance stuff....brakes, muffler, oil changes etc. Still costs 30 buck to fill and gets 400km per tank. Oh yeah...the air cond is broken...and I wont pay the 800 bucks to get it upgraded to the new systems...haha. Best thing...it's paid off...LOL.

1998 Honda CRV with 230,000 kms on it. Regular maintenance stuff. Had to fix the air conditioning and fuel pump (warranty). Original brakes lasted 180,000kms. Still driving with the original exhaust system...including the muffler! Other than that it's been a dream. Will be paid off in 3 months.

Along the way I've had a Cavalier - lasted 4 years before the transmission went. Also had a Mercury Lynx....lasted 5 years before cracked manifold and gasket replacement.

I'll never buy domestic again...unless I have no choice.

I have two cars...

17 year old Corolla with 380,000 kms on it. Only major things replaced are radiator, starter, alternator and wiper motor. Just get regular maintenance stuff....brakes, muffler, oil changes etc. Still costs 30 buck to fill and gets 400km per tank. Oh yeah...the air cond is broken...and I wont pay the 800 bucks to get it upgraded to the new systems...haha. Best thing...it's paid off...LOL.

1998 Honda CRV with 230,000 kms on it. Regular maintenance stuff. Had to fix the air conditioning and fuel pump (warranty). Original brakes lasted 180,000kms. Still driving with the original exhaust system...including the muffler! Other than that it's been a dream. Will be paid off in 3 months.

Along the way I've had a Cavalier - lasted 4 years before the transmission went. Also had a Mercury Lynx....lasted 5 years before cracked manifold and gasket replacement.

I'll never buy domestic again...unless I have no choice.

A guy I work with has an old Tercel ('98). Just under 200K and put a timing belt on it (part of the maintanence schedule), brakes and tires. That's been it. He's a happy guy. I'd love to find a way to tow my boat with one of those. :)

Tom, I will bet its a speed sensor. Fairly common on Gm stuff. Do 2 or 3 a month on them with similar symptoms. Need to go to data stream in the computer to find it sometimes. Does the speedometer drop out? What is the year, make, model?

Edited by Nipissing

Tom what about your Pick up?Oh about Toyota there new Toyota Tundra has a recall.So Misfish is right buy a Ford truck.

I have a Honda Odessey and yes I can't complain very reliable but If I had to choose between a Honda Ridgeline pickup and a Ford F-150 its a no brainer .Ford trucks :thumbsup_anim:

Tom I hope you get to Lakair.

MTP

If I had to choose between a Honda Ridgeline pickup and a Ford F-150 its a no brainer .Ford trucks :thumbsup_anim:

MTP

Tom I hope it works out and ya get here....

Mike... have you been smoking crack again???? :whistling:

TJ When Honda makes a six foot box I am going to buy it.For now my 2000 Odessey only has 123 000 k on her so I intend on keeping it for a long time.I had 2 civics which were the best cars I ever owned .I sold my 1989 Civic in 2000 with 253 000kms on it the guy who bought it is still driving it.He painted it and last I heard it has over 400 000 kms on it.Don't forget TJ Honda does not make a full size pick up yet.Remember I got a Honda pushing my boat and I believe you do also what HP do you have on the Sylvan TJ?

Forget the Crack when you visit Roy we can talk Honda over a few beers and you can try and convince me why I would want a 5 foot cargo box.

OK I have to admit Leer now has a fiberglass box for the Ridgeline.So will we see you in Boucherville this year?

Somehow I knew when I spoke Ridgeline you would suddenly appear.

Mike... lol... im just yanking ya... i can say that yes the box is a bit small.... but my main concern was towing and not haulage... and I have a honda 30 on my boat... two honda 4 wheelers..., the ridgeline, the crv, two honda gennys.... and a hat...

In any event I hope tjsa gets his car fixed, I was looking forward to seeing him again!!

FORD MIKE??? yes TJ he must be smoking something funny... Dodge all the way!

lol JEN