My last white fish winter outing for 2017

misfish

I will start off by saying I am totally spoiled having Simcoe right at my front door. I know many have to travel an hour or more to get on on the Lady. They will spend a whole day to make the trip worth while, while I can just head out for a 4 hour tour and be home in minutes. I have so many access points to get out on. I try to help when I can, but I wont give my/our GO to spots. I have a few close friends that we share spots. Never will we abuse this.

When there was safe ice to me, I was on it. No mater if I was catching herring or perch til the deeper waters firmed up. I dont think I missed a weekend once the ice started to form. Got out with some buds. Naw,Jer,Tybo,High Drifter,Walleyed, and my oldest son, oh and Terry. He has been MIA the past few weeks. :ph34r: To bad,as I know he would of had a great time out with us. :Gonefishing:

The past 2 days I have fished with Walleyed. We have a spot we fish and it can be very productive this time of year. It has become our go to spot the last 2 years. I fished it friday and got my 2. Yesterday was a window shopping day for the fish. This morning well, it was white fish smash.

He had the hot rod going 10/12 and I, 2/3. The funny part was, he was only 40 ft from me and 3 fow difference. He has the next 3 days to fish,I am back to work after a 3 day long weekend. I wish him well til closer.

Im not done with the ice yet though. There are perch to be had come next weekend. I dont target them during the big fish season. I dont even target lakers, even though I fish some waters that have the odd shallow ones roaming around , I would sooner have a good feed of whities.

On a side note, I have to say how impressed I am with my new Artic Armour float suit. Never have I been so warm, sometimes to warm. The suit wore like a Armoni suit. Soft and very comfortable. As many of the suits these days, there are way to many pockets. :lol: I had stuff in them and would reach in and say, oh, there you are. Or when I came in it was, where the hell did I put my truck keys. :wacko:

So even though many didnt like the way mother nature was this winter, I am satisfied with my season. :good:

View of this morning

GOPR0239l.JPG

Some keepers from this morning

GOPR0251l.JPG

Nice clean fillets

GOPR0257l.JPG

Mr B I had to live through you and the others this winter as I never found a day I was off that I could get out to a safe spot locally. Thank you fine sir for all the reports you share. Me, now, heading to my folks place next weekend with the kids and I AM bringing my gear just so I can say I hit the ice and tried IF it's safe.

I agree with conditions. I didnt miss a weekend or day off due to bad ice. Always somewhere safe for me. I havent spent a lot of time fishin whities, but im a perch addict. I have caught a couple though. Headed out for the next 3 days hardcore tho, so hoping to slam a few to end the season!!

S.