Midwinter sorting through my photos

Joeytier

Going through my photos of my winter adventures so far...first trip out was Dec. 9 I believe and conditions were mostly great for the first half of the winter, but given the huge amounts of snow we just got and the week of warm weather coming in, that's gonna change fast lol

splake
Lots of little guys, lots of great meals, not so many memorable fish but the numbers were there. Kinda what splake fishing is about on the easy access lakes in this area...

Posted Image

Posted Image

brook trout
didn't spend a whole lot of days targetting brookies so far this winter, but definitely made some awesome memories and went on some wicked adventures chasing these beauties around

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

walleye

spent more time targetting walleye this winter than I usually do, and I loved every minute of it. Even got to spend a few trips on the ice with my girlfriend, which is no easy feat now that we both work shift work with a young daughter at home.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some Nipissing action...the big lake has been fantastic for numbers and at least one keeper every trip, usually more than that. Still no big girls, but we're not really in hog season yet anyways.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The fabled blue walleye of the Kipawa region

Posted Image

Posted Image

Incidental catch

Posted Image

and everyone's favourite...

Posted Image

Who's coming brook trout fishing with me?