New Ontario Record Ling

steverowbotham

My buddy Sebastien and I headed out yesterday afternoon to try a new area and it paid off big time. Sebastien landed a 17.95 lbs burbot, passing the old record of 16.8 lbs. Obviously, the official record is still pending paperwork.

Check out the video of our day. It was awesome.

well done man...thats sweet! reminds me of the burbot derbys back in flin flon on athapap. The world record was caught right in front of my cabin, that was subsequently beat by the fishing geeks! who i believe have now lost the world record as well now.

my fishing partner is obsessed with burbots...hes asking for GPS cords lmao

Edited by AKRISONER

WOW-Worlds of Wonder--Stellar performance you two==glad to learn Steve you did not fall on your ass--investigating that Fresh Water Cod

Your bud Seabass-Smells like an a aquarium--LMAO--Mr Fish Monger Zehrs--Can i clean that scale for yah--Class Act

Enjoy a record -breaking success you two

Paul

www.perchinforms.com

Edited by icedude

WOW-Worlds of Wonder--Stellar performance you two==glad to learn Steve you did not fall on your ass--investigating that Fresh Water Cod

Your bud Seabass-Smells like an a aquarium--LMAO--Mr Fish Monger Zehrs--Can i clean that scale for yah--Class Act

Enjoy a record -breaking success you two

Paul

www.perchinforms.com

this has gotta be a bot?

What will happen to the fish after everything's done?

my guess is taxidermy is the typical way these things go...ive never fully understood the whole requirement to kill the fish when its a record...but whatever i guess their needs to be full 100% certified proof.

It would be cool to have a literal Ontario or WR fish hung up in your cottage.