I'm confused!! NF

muskymatt

All the purely fishing sites I belong to have threads 3 months apart, and posts further apart. That's really interesting. You guys that are purists should join them. Niagarafishing.net for example. There are threads on the first page from June, but it's all fishing. Enjoy.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

. Always the same guys, big mouths who just can't keep it shut. I'd love to see the banhammer swing far more often then it does. You start a political thread that anyone with half a brain can see is going to go sideways and your done. I can't stand the those threads and they constantly come up and political allegiances keep making themselves evident in threads everyday. Really irritating

2 things with this comment Weeds..First off, if you don't like a thread just just simply don't open it..I myself am highly selective what I read on here..Secondly calling a bunch of guys " Big Mouths" is not exactly what your asking for in a forum. Unless its an argument..I have never had an issue with you or your opinions. I'm just offering a piece of friendly advice my man..

Most of the posters that engage in vigorous political debate here weren't around when this site was at its best, and guess what? Fishing was discussed primarily!

I've been around since before the Lakair get togethers I attended 2002 and 2003 I believe it was. There have always been contentious threads and people that stirred the pot. Who here remembers D I L L I G A F??? Case in point.

(That's hilarious! If you put those letters together his nick gets filtered as a bad word!)

Edited by Dutch01

I'm not looking for an argument, just making a statement. Some threads you can tell by the title that they're not going to be worth reading, others you get drawn into and before you know it it's too late. You're irritated.

We are working on the political threads. i am hoping that people can be nice and talk to each other as adults. We are faced with winternet right now and once we can fish again the political threads seem to dwindle. We try very hard not to say No completely on any topic but if it keeps getting out of hand then we will ban them and hope everyone understands.

In the mean time lets go fishing for bacon.

Thanks

Art

Sorry, but You sound somewhatlike a politician Art ;) Lots of talk, no action. Not being personal here, but you've threatened to shut down political posts countless times before, yet continually allow the "same usual suspects" to carry on without consequence.

Currently the most popular threads* as of today's front page (my version) are:

Politics: http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83690

Politics: http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/indeyx.php?showtopic=83724

Fishing: http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83528

Fishing: http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83694

*not inclusive of hockey,movies/tv, music videos & pictures of random food

Politics = 230 replies, 4651 views

Fishing = 130 replies, 4732 views

Despite clear rules about political threads and most importantly, the general memberships clear & loud disdain for this garbage;

It's my opinion that OFC management will never ban this political trash as its obvious that click counts, not fishing, keep this forum funded.

With the exception of municipal politics/bylaws impacting fisherman directly, you want find any OFC garbage on these sites;

http://www.lakesimcoemessageboard.com/forums/

http://www.spoonpullers.com/forums/index.php

As mentioned in previous posts here, many members including myself, have migrated elsewhere. You can find most of us on the two fishing forums above.

Edited by pikeslayer

continually allow the "same usual suspects" to carry on without consequence.

Ext Cord: http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83632

Politics & Extension Cords = 273 replies, 5,588 views

Fishing = 130 replies, 4732 views

Despite clear rules about political threads and most importantly, the general memberships clear & loud disdain for this garbage;

It's my opinion that OFC management will never ban this political trash as its obvious that click counts, not fishing, keep this forum funded.

With the exception of municipal politics/bylaws impacting fisherman directly, you want find any OFC garbage on these sites;

As mentioned in previous posts here, many members including myself, have migrated elsewhere. You can find most of us on the two fishing forums above.

So when I get deemed as "garbage" for asking a question about an "extension cord" that I was clearly unsure of? One persons trash is another's treasure... ;)

So when I get deemed as "garbage" for asking a question about an "extension cord" that I was clearly unsure of? One persons trash is another's treasure... ;)

I owe you an apology Geoff. My intent was to show the most popular sites & yours was top five. I never intended to suggest your post was garbage and offend you. 'Garbage' was intended to be associated with the political posts and I have edited the post accordingly.

Most sincer apologies,

Simon

Edited by pikeslayer

I owe you an apology Geoff. My intent was to show the most popular sites & yours was top five. I never intended to suggest your post was garbage and offend you. 'Garbage' was intended to be associated with the political posts and I have edited the post accordingly.

Most sincer apologies,

Simon

Thank you Simon for clearing the air there. True we have down time here and get bored and try to keep it active in any manner of chat hence the reason I kept "joking" with this topic. To let all see my replies were all in humor to take away from the down side. Who else asked it it was a bacon topic? I get it, other sites don't have the banter and attempts at fun some of us try for her but this is NOT my site in any way but I enjoy it and decide based on thread name if I want to invest any time on it. Just like facebook and you just scroll on past the meme's... Same with here. We still have a great core and it's sad some have moved on or are still here and not posting but some posters want legit info. So why not ask? We all come from a different walk of life and I get better info here (extension cord) than I ever could have via google. Hence why they keep the site as it is. Some don't like that but IT WORKS. Thanks again Simon.