Automatic car starter advice please. Not Fishing related

Old Ironmaker

installed a few of these, if the option is there go to a dealer not a sublet joke of a dealer either, we charge 3 hrs to install remote starts in newer Chrysler products

usually involves replaceing win module adding attenna changing option package for vehicle download new vehicle configuration and done

not all years that easy and not sure of kit cost

find most aftermarket ones work ok at first but when there is a problem tough to figure out usually just rip them out and replace them

When I bought the truck with 22 kms on it the service guy said the worse thing you can do is wait until the fluids are warmed up. Drive it cold. It only takes 5 minutes to warm up driving down the road. When she finds out it is going to be over 700 bananas that is going towards a new kitchen next year.

I just asked her, no way she wants one now. Thanks for all the help, considered the thread closed on my part. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Wormdunker I paid 25K for my first home, that would be 3 with change left over. 80K for a freeking Ford truck is nuts in my books, sorry. No wonder you are still working in camps 6 to 8 weeks at a pop in your 70's.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

When I bought the truck with 22 kms on it the service guy said the worse thing you can do is wait until the fluids are warmed up. Drive it cold. It only takes 5 minutes to warm up driving down the road. When she finds out it is going to be over 700 bananas that is going towards a new kitchen next year.

I just asked her, no way she wants one now. Thanks for all the help, considered the thread closed on my part. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Wormdunker I paid 25K for my first home, that would be 3 with change left over. 80K for a freeking Ford truck is nuts in my books, sorry. No wonder you are still working in camps 6 to 8 weeks at a pop in your 70's.

Pretty sure he still works because he likes his job lol.

Plus, he looks a day over 50. Doods in great shape!!!

I know he doesn't look his age Rick and I look older than I am these days. He works his buns off and I don't. Coincidence? Even if he only make a few lifts a day for me being away from my home is work enough for me. I have traveled the globe to sit in meetings and at first it was an adventure until it became work. I remember talking to someone on the phone from the airport and he asked me where I was. I had to ask the guy sitting next to me where we were. Travelling to exotic destinations and those not so exoctic like Gary Indiana wears thin fast. I always tell him if he enjoys it go until you don't anymore.

I know he doesn't look his age Rick and I look older than I am these days. He works his buns off and I don't. Coincidence? Even if he only make a few lifts a day for me being away from my home is work enough for me. I have traveled the globe to sit in meetings and at first it was an adventure until it became work. I remember talking to someone on the phone from the airport and he asked me where I was. I had to ask the guy sitting next to me where we were. Travelling to exotic destinations and those not so exoctic like Gary Indiana wears thin fast. I always tell him if he enjoys it go until you don't anymore.

Spot on brother!

I have traveled the globe to sit in meetings and at first it was an adventure until it became work.

Travelling to exotic destinations and those not so exoctic

Some times I miss those days (mainly due to the pay I was earning) but most days I don't. So I hear yeah there! But I did really like my time in New Bern NC when I went there...

Edited by GBW

Like I said when I was younger, 25 years younger, it was beyond an adventure. Who wouldn't want to go to Tokyo and take the Shinjuku (bullet train) south to Osaka doing over 300 KMH while seeing a snow capped Mount Fuji through the bubble window while drinking copious amounts of warm Sake and ice cold Ashani (sic) beer. The biggest culture shock in Japan is that on almost every corner of every city and town you could get pre mixed drinks, Sake and beer from vending machines. Then stopping in Oahu or San Fran for a cool down on the trip back. Spending 3 weeks in Iran and kissing the ground at Pearson when we got back was about what did me in. Each of us had a " tour guide" kindly supplied from the Iranian Government free of charge. It took 6 hours to clear customs waiting to be interviewed by the RCMP and CSIS. It was great but as I reached my mid 50"s I was done like dinner. Once I turned down a few trips to God forsaken places into the rust belt and southern US destinations the phone stopped ringing. Never, ever go to Gary Indiana for any reason whatsoever. Unless that is you are willing to carry a handgun around on night shift because robberies by employees are common inside the plant.

The money was missed but the obscure Airport motel rooms and dining solo were not. A few trips towards the end to the UK and Europe I paid for my wife's flights and we turned them into vacations and it cost me more than I was earning. Not cheap overseas. That was fantastic and I miss those times.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Like I said when I was younger, 25 years younger, it was beyond an adventure. Who wouldn't want to go to Tokyo and take the Shinjuku (bullet train) south to Osaka doing over 300 KMH while seeing a snow capped Mount Fuji through the bubble window while drinking copious amounts of warm Sake and ice cold Ashani (sic) beer. The biggest culture shock in Japan is that on almost every corner of every city and town you could get pre mixed drinks, Sake and beer from vending machines. Then stopping in Oahu or San Fran for a cool down on the trip back. Spending 3 weeks in Iran and kissing the ground at Pearson when we got back was about what did me in. Each of us had a " tour guide" kindly supplied from the Iranian Government free of charge. It took 6 hours to clear customs waiting to be interviewed by the RCMP and CSIS. It was great but as I reached my mid 50"s I was done like dinner. Once I turned down a few trips to God forsaken places into the rust belt and southern US destinations the phone stopped ringing. Never, ever go to Gary Indiana for any reason whatsoever. Unless that is you are willing to carry a handgun around on night shift because robberies by employees are common inside the plant.

The money was missed but the obscure Airport motel rooms and dining solo were not. A few trips towards the end to the UK and Europe I paid for my wife's flights and we turned them into vacations and it cost me more than I was earning. Not cheap overseas. That was fantastic and I miss those times.

Ah Johnny. just go buy a new machine with factory installed, Bedrock is going to look after you.

Sorry for spoiling your day. :rolleyes::)