Garage Door Guy? (Hamilton Area)

Steve

Been away working a ton....Wife mentioned the garage door opener isn't working.

When home I note the motor appears to be dead...but not sure....unit isn't very old it appears.

Anyone in the Hamilton area know a garage door guy who wants to make some $$$$ on a repair and/or replace?

Hi Steve

There is actually a business in Hamilton The Garage Door Guy. His name is Wayne 905-383-2177. Mobile (truck based) business. Have used him for spring replacement and friends have used for new door/install etc. You will not beat his price.

Cheers

Craig

Been away working a ton....Wife mentioned the garage door opener isn't working.

When home I note the motor appears to be dead...but not sure....unit isn't very old it appears.

Anyone in the Hamilton area know a garage door guy who wants to make some $$$$ on a repair and/or replace?

Might want to try unplugging it for some time in case you haven't already tried.

My house was hit by lightning a few months ago and the garage door stopped working. We unplugged it from the wall and re-plugged it and it started working.

so the motor still "sorta" works...i can hear it trying to pull the chain...and if I use my hand and help pull the chain, it will work, sorta...but with a grinding noise.

that is how I was able to determine it wasn't electrical, or sensor related.

I googled/youtube'd my brand and "fixes", trying a few things first....

it almost seems like the motor's gears, or whatever it uses to actually turn the cog that the chain is on, is labouring.

if that makes any sense.

so the motor still "sorta" works...i can hear it trying to pull the chain...and if I use my hand and help pull the chain, it will work, sorta...but with a grinding noise.

it almost seems like the motor's gears, or whatever it uses to actually turn the cog that the chain is on, is labouring.

if that makes any sense.

Is it a Craftsman 1/2 hp?

if that makes any sense.

I replaced the gears on my Craftsman not too long ago. Sears was able to order the parts for me. A lot cheaper than a new unit and not too difficult to change.

Steve, my original garage door was some sort of pressed board, even with 3 coats of paint on it, it would absorb water and blow out the gears in my garage door opener, it was also a craftsman. It was easy to replace the gears, they were plastic, and when my ex hit the garage door with her van I replaced the door with a metal one, and haven't had a gear break in 13 years or so.