Would you keep these Walleye?

Cast-Away

Contaminated Walleye  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you eat a Walleye from the river near the Chernoybl power plant?

Well it has been 30 years since the meltdown of reactor #4 at Chernobyl and life seems to be getting back to normal. Have a look at the clip below from an episode of River Monsters. The fish appear to be healthy but would you keep one and eat it? I know that the bottom feeders like Catfish will have the highest levels of contamination but still the question remains, would you eat a Walleye from here?

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/river-monsters/videos/fishing-for-mutated-monsters-in-contaminated-chernobyl-waters/

I remember watching a documentary about rediculous cancer rates down river from a nuclear weapons plant in northern Soviet Union.

The government denied any link and said bathing in the river was ok. A western scientist measured radiation with a Geiger Counter. As he got progressively closer to the river the counter started screaming.

Don't believe anything over there.

I won't eat the perfectly safe fish, so I'm told, from the lower Grand River or Hamilton Harbour either. I'd have to be starving to eat Chernobyl fish or game. I'll err on the side of caution.

Most of this stuff has to accumulate over years to cause any problems, a single fish or two is not going to harm you. At our age I doubt we have enough years left that it would get us before some other health issue does, but I wouldn't give my grandkids Hamilton Harbour fish on a regular basis.

This is to funny....

Any one ever see the episode of River monsters.

He got a big catfish and they took blood from it.

The genome was f***ked...

As for our fish any thing 4 hours North or East of Toronto is on the table if I want it..

Edited by saltydawg