2019-2020 Hockey Thread

100% disagree that we should expect another move at centre...this is them slowly building the puzzle.

They literally didnt have a 4th line centre/shutdown guy up the middle. Now they got one for a bag of pucks at 2 mill cap hit. Buddy was wearing the A in tampa. There is more than just his play on the ice when we are talking about Boyle. He is also literally the exact kind of player that babcock loves. A mentor that knows how to win it all.

100% disagree that we should expect another move at centre...this is them slowly building the puzzle.

They literally didnt have a 4th line centre/shutdown guy up the middle. Now they got one for a bag of pucks at 2 mill cap hit. Buddy was wearing the A in tampa. There is more than just his play on the ice when we are talking about Boyle. He is also literally the exact kind of player that babcock loves. A mentor that knows how to win it all.

Yep, hence me being stoked on this move. Boyle is tough as nails too.

But I think we see JVR moved before the end of today. I hope not, love JVR, but the talk usually leads somewhere

Ottawa trading for Burrows = another reason to dislike that team. LOL

lmao this is exactly what i tweeted this morning, even more reason for me to loath Ottawa

anyone read osullivan's players tribune where he talks about being abused his whole life.

Well burrows is well documented for having on two occasions telling sully that he was going to beat him like his father did...unreal.

Who said center?

Unlikely that it will matter, but I'm not a huge fan that the second rounder is whichever becomes the highest of the 3 they have... With this draft apparently not being too deep I hope Hunter is doing his homework on anyone of interest that could turn into an asset

I just can't see if or why they will bring Boyle back. Specially because he probably isn't going to be 2 million next year.

Don't know much about the prospect that Ottawa gave up for Burrows but apparently he is pretty good?

Reading the articles now. Holy cow. Can't quite figure out why Ottawa made that move. Really a head scratcher.

Edited by jeremy84

Here's the very best part!!!

http://thehockeywriters.com/ottawa-senators-trade-for-burrows-a-mistake/

Matt??? Help us out here, what the heck Ottawa management thinking?

Not sure I like trading a prospect for an older player either but we do have 3 guys way ahead of Dahlen in skills and potential who will be ready to come up soon. Burrows does add a bit of grit we needed and definitely some experience for the young team. And today we picked up Stalberg who will also add speed and experience and depth. The Sens are building more speed into an already fast team, the only thing that I don't like is aside from Burrows being signed to 2 years, neither of these guys are long term. I would have preferred a 30ish player who could add the same and develop with the team for a couple years.

That said, I think Stalberg and Burrows will give the team the kick they need to secure a playoff spot.

There goes another Ottawa draft pick! I guess the cup is going to Ottawa this year!! lmao!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: The Sens just LOVE the ex Leaf players!!!! MATT?????? I'm sensing a severe case of red and gold disease?

ottawa-senators-145x100.png?resize=50%2C F Viktor Stalberg carolina-hurricanes-145x100.png?resize=5 2017 3rd-round draft pick

ex laff players only sucked when they were with the laffs. Dreaded blue and white disease has long washed off by now :blahblah1:

Holy cow Matt. And you think the Leafs fans live in a dreamland.

I'm not sure the Sens PR folks could have drummed up the kind of support you gave for the past 2 trades. At least the Stalberg one didn't cost that much.

No, dreamland is for teams that have potential to go somewhere. Suckland is for teams that have done zero, nada , zip, ziltch in 51 years of hockey.

Seriously though, Dahlen would have been a good addition but we have many who are next up and you can't play them all. I do think Burrows is past his prime but still(hopefully) can add some grit and depth.

We haven't traded a roster player or our 3 top prospects so at least that is good for now.

No, dreamland is for teams that have potential to go somewhere. Suckland is for teams that have done zero, nada , zip, ziltch in 51 years of hockey.

Seriously though, Dahlen would have been a good addition but we have many who are next up and you can't play them all. I do think Burrows is past his prime but still(hopefully) can add some grit and depth.

We haven't traded a roster player or our 3 top prospects so at least that is good for now.

lol and what exactly have the sens done since inception?

lmao love the extension on burrows too

ottawa.jpg

ex laff players only sucked when they were with the laffs. Dreaded blue and white disease has long washed off by now :blahblah1:

You stats are once again completely self-fulfilling!! Let's look at Phaneuf, you know, the guy you hated? He was a -4 and had 24 points in 51 games during his last season in Toronto. Now in Ottawa where it's all roses and rainbows, he's a -6 and has 26 points in 61 games!! Really?? He sucks worse on Ottawa now vs the Toronto team in 2015?? So tell me again how they all go to Ottawa to become superstars!!!! LOL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

That said, I think Stalberg and Burrows will give the team the kick they need to secure a playoff spot.

Does Ottawa give out little plastic trophies for making the playoffs? LOL Such a losing mentality. Teams that make little false runs at playoff time end up trading away the future and getting roped into debilitating contracts. And Burrows??? LOL

You stats are once again completely self-fulfilling!! Let's look at Phaneuf, you know, the guy you hated? He was a -4 and had 24 points in 51 games during his last season in Toronto. Now in Ottawa where it's all roses and rainbows, he's a -6 and has 26 points in 61 games!! Really?? He sucks worse on Ottawa now vs the Toronto team in 2015?? So tell me again how they all go to Ottawa to become superstars!!!! LOL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I died ???

He's still a UFA at the end of the year in blue and white.

Most teams have cap issues.

my bet is he gets extended.

this is a gamble that one of your 8? (cant remember the number) draft picks, specifically a second rounder will not have as much impact on your NHL roster as Bryan Boyle will.

He wore the A in tampa and is a locker room guy that plays defensively minded hockey. You have to look beyond the impact that he makes on the ice and look at what his impact is off the ice.

There is also talk about the fact that the leafs would absolutely love to get into the playoffs this year just to throw the kids into the flame and let them get a feel for it early. That way in 3 years when its time to make a run they will be seasoned already. Boyle is kinda like adding a bit of hot sauce to the marinade.