2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Back in October the Leafs were 1 and 4, I bet an old high school buddy hater on FB a case of beer the Leafs would make the playoffs, what's the most expensive case of beer in the down town Oakville vintages section? Is there some crazy German crap I can try and choke down for hundreds of dollars?

Lol that's a good win!

Back in October the Leafs were 1 and 4, I bet an old high school buddy hater on FB a case of beer the Leafs would make the playoffs, what's the most expensive case of beer in the down town Oakville vintages section? Is there some crazy German crap I can try and choke down for hundreds of dollars?

Landshark lager is a good beer, won't be hundreds though lol

You're crazy Lol

I don't think it matters too much but our odds are better against the wounded Sens.

Yeah odds are better with the Sens

I wanna see two high power offenses go at it.

The boys need experience, we're are a billion to one odds for scf, so might as well play the best available team right away imo

Edited by manitoubass2

WOW after that game last night I went thru all the beer I had in the house..Woke up this am a little foggy..Then i realized THE LEAFS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! YEEEE HAW! That big Mac save on sid was a jaw dropper.. Stack those pads !

Matt you better hope the Leafs don't manage a point against the BJ's tonight cause if they do were coming for you sir!!!

Edited by tb4me

Holy **** I almost had a heart attack lastnight. Pens had so many chances to put it away, lol Syd.

Makes me glad they picked up McElhinney... He's been huge as a backup for us compared to what Enroth had to offer

Makes me glad they picked up McElhinney... He's been huge as a backup for us compared to what Enroth had to offer

Yup, I don't even consider him a backup to be honest, he could start for us with the way he's played.

Yup, I don't even consider him a backup to be honest, he could start for us with the way he's played.

Yep, nice we have two incredible netminders???

Here is the link on Anderson

Babcock: Andersen shows no concussion symptoms, won't play vs. Blue Jackets

http://www.thescore.com/news/1270374

(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

Edited by manitoubass2

Last night was the exact reason the Leafs picked up a 33 year old netminder. He has the experience to step up and pull off the big win when required. IMO last nights game would have really gelled the team further with Mac getting involved, Kapenen getting his first and Matthews scoring his 40th. Not to mention that fact they put away the reigning Stanley Cup champs and booked a spot in the playoffs. Huge game!

Yeah odds are better with the Sens

I wanna see two high power offenses go at it.

The boys need experience, we're are a billion to one odds for scf, so might as well play the best available team right away imo

Are you kidding me? LOL. Ottawa pretty much manhandled Boston with a 4-0 record against them. And a 3-1 record against the laffs.

Either way, the Sens are hot and hungry going into the playoffs and all of the injured players will be back in the lineup.

Brag and boast all you want laffites. Reality is bitter.

Edited by muskymatt

WOW after that game last night I went thru all the beer I had in the house..Woke up this am a little foggy..Then i realized THE LEAFS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!! YEEEE HAW! That big Mac save on sid was a jaw dropper.. Stack those pads !

Matt you better hope the Leafs don't manage a point against the BJ's tonight cause if they do were coming for you sir!!!

Bring it on!! No worries here. :clapping::whistling:

Yep, nice we have two incredible netminders

Here is the link on Anderson

Babcock: Andersen shows no concussion symptoms, won't play vs. Blue Jackets

http://www.thescore.com/news/1270374

(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

OMG lol.....you guys crack me up!!! Oh, wer're the best, ohh our goalies are the best bahahahhaha.......Thanks for the laugh, laffite.

Last night was the exact reason the Leafs picked up a 33 year old netminder. He has the experience to step up and pull off the big win when required. IMO last nights game would have really gelled the team further with Mac getting involved, Kapenen getting his first and Matthews scoring his 40th. Not to mention that fact they put away the reigning Stanley Cup champs and booked a spot in the playoffs. Huge game!

It wasn't even the Penguins lol. Look at who they iced last night and who are the regular players. Bi difference.

OMG lol.....you guys crack me up!!! Oh, wer're the best, ohh our goalies are the best bahahahhaha.......Thanks for the laugh, laffite.

Don't put words in my mouth Matt. We are far from the best, reality. But the same can be said for the Sens.

At least we'll have our own fans in the rink

Your probably just bitter because we have a bright future, sens??? Not so much

I'd be surprised if Ottawa even has a team in 5-10 years

Matt your trolling skills are really something. You and I both know Ottawa sure as hell doesn't want to play the Leafs in the playoffs. Not having a home game for the entire series is something no Sens fan or player would look forward to.

And we don't need to talk about our head to head playoff records. If you are not scared of that young Leafs team and the points they can put up.... you should be. Especially since Ottawa can't score or do anything on the powerplay.

In all honesty though it would be great to actually rekindle the battle of Ontario. I live in Ottawa and would be at every game..... even if the Sens try and "block" Leafs fans from getting tickets.

BIG GAME TONIGHT!

GLG

Don't put words in my mouth Matt. We are far from the best, reality. But the same can be said for the Sens.

At least we'll have our own fans in the rink

Your probably just bitter because we have a bright future, sens??? Not so much

I'd be surprised if Ottawa even has a team in 5-10 years

Not bitter at all. It was inevitable that 51 years of being the laughing stock had to have at least one bright moment. Sens are in a good place right now, and we have a good lineup of young talent on our doorstep. But of course you wouldn't know that from inside the laffite bubble you guys are locked in. It's like a black hole of blue and white disease lol.

Ottawa is doing fine and will be around for a long time. You guys falling back on the scenario is really getting old! :wallbash:

Matt your trolling skills are really something. You and I both know Ottawa sure as hell doesn't want to play the Leafs in the playoffs. Not having a home game for the entire series is something no Sens fan or player would look forward to.

And we don't need to talk about our head to head playoff records. If you are not scared of that young Leafs team and the points they can put up.... you should be. Especially since Ottawa can't score or do anything on the powerplay.

In all honesty though it would be great to actually rekindle the battle of Ontario. I live in Ottawa and would be at every game..... even if the Sens try and "block" Leafs fans from getting tickets.

BIG GAME TONIGHT!

GLG

I welcome the chance to play, and beat the laffs! Bring it on!

I welcome the chance to play, and beat the laffs! Bring it on!

Famous last words.

The Leafs are playing with house money and have been since the All-Star game. Even if they lose in 4 straight in the first round it is good experiance for the coming years.

Nothing more dangerous then a team with nothing to lose.