2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Senaturds waive Hammond, would be wise for the stars to pick him up lol

I thought he deserved a bit more of a chance to be honest. He went through a couple bad injuries and with a 6-0 loss, which he looked bad in (laffs fans can relate) they put him on waivers.

No worries, Anderson is back and Condon did great!

Still have to thank Hammond for the record setting , incredible run!

Goaltending is still an issue for the Leafs! When he's on his game he's one of the best in the league but he's just not consistent. 23 shots resulting in 3 goals. 1 in 12 is the ratio I used as a coach! Hope he improves down the stretch or I'd be tempted to give McEllenhy a stretch of games.

Goaltending is still an issue for the Leafs! When he's on his game he's one of the best in the league but he's just not consistent. 23 shots resulting in 3 goals. 1 in 12 is the ratio I used as a coach! Hope he improves down the stretch or I'd be tempted to give McEllenhy a stretch of games.

Let's give Matt something to talk about (lord knows it's not the Sens)

When the leafs start consistently making the playoffs, Andersons inconsistsncy could be a problem. Of couse, with better D in front of him, his job will be easier.

I'm not ready to throw Anderson under the bus just yet, he's still relatively new.. If he can't improve when he's got a good set of D in front of him, then I'd start to worry.

I feel the same way. If a better Toronto defense group decreased the number of scoring chances, then Anderson's save % would(should) also improve. As a rough count, there has been 16 games this season that either went to overtime or were lost by a single goal. A few less scoring chances and stops would absolutely impact the end results. An extra point from half those games would place Toronto top 10 in the league. It's a games of inches.

I feel the same way. If a better Toronto defense group decreased the number of scoring chances, then Anderson's save % would(should) also improve. As a rough count, there has been 16 games this season that either went to overtime or were lost by a single goal. A few less scoring chances and stops would absolutely impact the end results. An extra point from half those games would place Toronto top 10 in the league. It's a games of inches.

Yep.

And when he's on he's on fire.

Remember the man is still getting peppered night in night out

Great tweet...

"The Canadiens dumped Therrien on Valentine's Day to get back with their ex. Ouch"

Nobody did.

That's just bizarre to keep hiring ex-coaches.

They're in 1st in their division while having had lots of injuries. I guess they have really high expectations, lol.

One of the oddest coaching scenarios since neilson and the rangers.

I'd love to see it work the opposite way they are expecting and just tank lol.

In other news nylander continues to find his stride as the leafs route the isles 7-1 in a game that was horribly officiated.

That penalty shot call against the leafs was hilarious

Also when kadri got rocked and somehow got called for hooking??? How did that work?

Maybe I missed something?

And two more tallies for mathews. The second goal showed why he is already one of the best players in the league. And he's now one goal ahead of Laine in the rookie goal scoring race, and only 3 off the league league. Not too shabby!

Edited by manitoubass2

id be scared of montreal now as much as it pains me to say it.

The whole let down there is that they rejected analytics and played a terrible system, yet their goaltending is so incredible it still worked. Throw a really good coach in there and they are a threat now.

Expect a lul at first though while the team learns the new system.

Matthews on pace for 40....not far fetched to think we have a 50 goal scorer on our hands some day...incredible.

Edited by AKRISONER

Nobody did.

That's just bizarre to keep hiring ex-coaches.

They're in 1st in their division while having had lots of injuries. I guess they have really high expectations, lol.

The Habs will only hire French speaking coaches.

The talent pool is pretty shallow there.

Took you long enough.

Oh. Fun fact of the day, Bishop, Elliot and Lhener are 17-0-7 against the Sens, since being traded away by the Sens.

Totally sucks how that happens. Yeah, we can't seem to beat Buffalo (Lehner), funny and annoying how that works out. I'm sure the laffs have been bitten more than once in a trade similar to this.