2019-2020 Hockey Thread

The laffs are done!

6-2 thumping.

No defence.....no goaltending......only 2 guys that look like they might be able to play a bit.

What bugs the crap out of me is the on air guys all happy and blissful about the Laffs this year. Talk about pathetic, one sided deaming.

The laffs showed last night exactly what to expect from them this season!

That goal by Hoffman was crazy sick!!

You know a guy is worried about his team when he has to restort to bragging about their success in game one of exhibition hockey...

Are you worried that this will be the last chance that you get to brag about them this year?

Finally Matt says something that makes 100% sense...maybe hes not brainless afterall?? :dunno::dunno:

he will exceed last years numbers.

A second year player who scored 40 goals in his first year and then repeated in year 2 has only happened once. It was Ovie. Matthews is no Ovie.

Matthews will be asking for a trade after this year. No defense and no Goalie and morons like Komorov and Kadri will drive him crazy. Look at Marleau who already said playing with Kad and Kom is annoying. Implode in effect lol

Doesn't matter, your laff of a team has no defence.....or goalies for that matter. Matthews won't repeat his last years seasons numbers.

Yeah, dumb comment. Just as likely as Ottawa going deep in the playoffs again, lol.

Oh and thanks for staying out of the Ottawa tarping up 1500 seats thread...guess you were working and just too busy.

No wonder everyone hates Ottawa...fans are either totally disconnected or fanatical to the point of being delusional. Move the losers across the river.

Yeah, dumb comment. Just as likely as Ottawa going deep in the playoffs again, lol.

Oh and thanks for staying out of the Ottawa tarping up 1500 seats thread...guess you were working and just too busy.

No wonder everyone hates Ottawa...fans are either totally disconnected or fanatical to the point of being delusional. Move the losers across the river.

Well then, tell us how you really feel lol.

As for the seats covering,,,,,yeah,,,,,,I'm stumped at that as well, and shake my head they feel that is the fix. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::dunno:

Only laff fans hate Ottawa and that's only because of all the lack of success the laffs have had for like forever. :clapping::jerry:

If the laffs had one, or could win, you laffites wouldn't need a whipping boy like the Sens.

And judging by the complete blowout at the hands of the Sens farm team against your big boys, there won't be much competition for the Sens against the laffs again this year!

:rofl2::rofl2::w00t:

Leafs fans are Indifferent to the Ottawa team due complete lack of significance. Their fans are the ingrown toenail of life however. Half of Ottawa sports talk is hate on the Leafs and Toronto. Toronto sports talk spends more time talking about the parade route than the team in Ottawa. It's little sibling syndrome.

Leafs fans are Indifferent to the Ottawa team due complete lack of significance. Their fans are the ingrown toenail of life however. Half of Ottawa sports talk is hate on the Leafs and Toronto. Toronto sports talk spends more time talking about the parade route than the team in Ottawa. It's little sibling syndrome.

And that mentality folks is why the rest of the NHL abhors the laffs.

So according to your theory, your team can suck for 50 years, management can screw everything up, star players get treated like crap and the ignorant fan base can scatter in other teams buildings like cockroaches , but yet you think they can do no wrong and everyone else is insignificant and useless lol. :clapping:

Poor little laffite, when will you ever learn!!!!

It's guys like you, with your misguided pride that have padded my wallet to the tune of over $750 from bets over the years.

Keep on truckin KF, maybe I'll take your money one day as well.

By the way, hockey analysts have predicted the laffs will not make the playoffs this year.

:rofl2::w00t:

I just HAD to look up how to identify someone with an inferiority complex...

- runs down others

- tries to humiliate others they used to support

- brags about their new ideas

- belittles others' success

- gives excuses for running down others

- a real bad loser

- a horrible winner

- blind to others' positives

- pins you to all your past mistakes

- always the last word

Hmmmm...

Matt knows how to get under the skin of Leaf fans. That's his gift. As a Leaf fan myself, I laugh at a lot of the comments because frankly, some are correct. I have been arguing with others on FB about the pre season being " meaningless".

As I watched the Leafs get clobbered in Ottawa, I could not help but think that the Leafs were not ready to play. Meaningless, im told.

Maybe Ottawa on paper had the " better" lineup, but the Leafs were not ready from the opening faceoff. Now, think back to last year or even many years and how often you have seen that? Too often in my opinion.

This is what is supposed to change under the new management. They better work on that.

Now, next night in TO it's payback time! Our lineup is stacked minus a couple of ringers but for the most part, the Leafs " on paper" should win.

So as it turns out..... the Leafs outplayed them badly, were up 2-1 and blew the lead, and pulled their goalie and were scored on not once, but twice right away to stop any thoughts of tying the game.

This is what drives me nuts as a fan of the blue and white. Same old things that haunted them last year, popping up in the "meaningless" pre season games.

So, if the Leafs eventually get things straightened out (and how long have we been waiting for that) it could be a long season for Leaf fans on here and Matt will have all the ammo he needs!

I expect a different season than last year. Some improvement on defensive play would be nice. Playoffs? Mathews scoring 40? All depends if these players can buy into a system of defense and do it right.

And the goalie will have to stand on his head too.

That's my rant

Dave

Ingrown toenail

And that mentality folks is why the rest of the NHL abhors the laffs.

So according to your theory, your team can suck for 50 years, management can screw everything up, star players get treated like crap and the ignorant fan base can scatter in other teams buildings like cockroaches , but yet you think they can do no wrong and everyone else is insignificant and useless lol. :clapping:

Poor little laffite, when will you ever learn!!!!

It's guys like you, with your misguided pride that have padded my wallet to the tune of over $750 from bets over the years.

Keep on truckin KF, maybe I'll take your money one day as well.

By the way, hockey analysts have predicted the laffs will not make the playoffs this year.

:rofl2::w00t:

Classic.

btw you live in Ottawa, you get my money every paycheque. Maybe you could start using for education.

Unfortunately having any sort of intelligent conversation about hockey with Matt it out of the question. It has been several years of emoji's, large red letters, and spelling Leafs wrong. It really is tough to take anyone like that serious. Also the fact his team is the laughing stock of the Canadian hockey market must hurt as a so called "fan". But I digress.

As a Leafs fan we must remember back to a year ago to when we had a whole bunch of unproven rookies and a lot of uncertainty in every zone on the ice. The difference was (as a true non homer fan) there was actually a bit of optimism. I don't know about everyone else but when Bozak was our best offensive player I didn't have a whole lot of confidence the team would be successful. I am approaching this year the same as last... with 0 expectations. Year 2 of a rock bottom rebuild is not the time to be thinking about the cup finals. They still are missing a few pieces on the back end (obviously) which will hopefully be addressed with the amount of solid prospects we have coming up. Will the rookies have the same production as last year? I would say probably not.... for some reason I do believe the sophomore jinx is a thing and the production might drop a bit. All in all though this will actually be 2 years in a row I have been excited to see what this team can do. The future is bright in Toronto for the first time in a long long time.

GLG