NF-Not about Donald Trump

SirCranksalot

A guy walked into a crowded bar, waving his unholstered pistol and yelled, "I have a 45 calibre Colt 1911 with a seven round magazine plus one in the chamber and I want to know who's been sleeping with my wife."
A voice from the back of the room called out,
"You need more ammo!”

I'm stealing that!

You are bang on Dave, this has to be the worse year fishing for me I can recall since I got the bug, here on Erie at least. I haven't even seen a perch this year. I usually have a 2 person possession limit in the freezer by now and a few meals around my waist. This is the first summer since I was a kid and had 2 a day practices that the heat is getting to me. I think the fish feel the same. I usually put a TV out on the deck and watch a night game, not this year, too muggy at 10PM.

Erie isnt the only place.

Although im catching, water in this area is incredibly slow as well.

And everything seems behind

It hasn't been a good year for my crew in the Kawarthas this year either. Saturday just passed 3 of us spent 10 hours in the boat and we had three 2-lb bass to show for it. It's been like that all summer for us. Edited by Dutch01

It hasn't been a good year for my crew in the Kawarthas this year either. Saturday just passed 3 of us spent 10 hours in the boat and we had three 2-lb bass to show for it. It's been like that all summer for us.

You are fishing shore lines aren't you? Every day guys come along and fish my dock and catch nothing. I stand on my dock and cast out as far as I can and I bet I could win most of the bass tournaments on this lake with what I catch in an hour or two. They aren't in as close to shore this year!

Yea Big Cliff but it isn't fair, those Bass know you by name. When they see you on the dock it's like ringing the dinner bell, worms and minnies on the menu.

To be serious for a change I would sit on the deck in the evening and watch the Smallies feed, chasing bait onto the shoreline, not this year. Number 1 we don't have a shoreline as the water is so high and the algae on shore is horrendous. Buddy sent down his temp probe last Monday and found 72F at 50 feet deep here on Erie, that is ridiculous. The screen on my boat is thick with clouds of baitfish, maybe it's algae we were starting to think. But no fouled lines so it has to be bait. Too much natural bait gives my man made stuff no chance.

You are fishing shore lines aren't you? Every day guys come along and fish my dock and catch nothing. I stand on my dock and cast out as far as I can and I bet I could win most of the bass tournaments on this lake with what I catch in an hour or two. They aren't in as close to shore this year!

In the spring we were on shore, I usually do better from shore than in the boat early on. This year was slooow, so I dug out the boat and I haven't seen a walleye since ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't complain too hard, I did get a beauty musky three weeks back. But this time last year I had 5-6 dozen walleye already, and this year I doubt I've got one dozen.

Ive also noticed alot of smaller fish this year.

Especially walleye and bass.

Heck the topwater bite isnt even on here yet.

And normally on the big lakes the bass, pike and walleye are on the reefs. Not so yet, walleye and pike are still in 12 fow generally.

Ive only caught one decent 4lb smallie this season. Tonnes of pike though in the 27" range pushing shorelines still.

Its a funny year.

Some of the smaller backlakes are the exact same as usual