Nanofil rocks!

captpierre

A few weeks ago I asked you guys about a better casting braid on a spinning reel

I had been using 10 lb Crystal but wasn't happy with casting distance.

Some recommended Nanofil.

Bought some 12 lb and tried it.

So far it's great.

Way smoother and casts probably 10-20% further and with less effort.

Kinda pricey but only put 75 yards on my 2500 reel with leaving 1/4 spool of the Crystal on as a backing.

Thanks Gents for the recommendation.

I use 10lb, it casts as far as I need it to. Use a leader, either mono or fluoro, whatever makes you happier. Otherwise you'll have line loss due to fraying, especially with zebra mussels. It's good stuff, and my favorite next to powerpro.

You lost me there Art.

Sorry my goof I haven't used a spinning reel in 20 years. I use baitcasters which with a set of ceramic bearings will cast 30-50% further than factory bearing.

Art

Sorry my goof I haven't used a spinning reel in 20 years. I use baitcasters which with a set of ceramic bearings will cast 30-50% further than factory bearing.

Art

No worries Art. I was just wondering where you were coming from.

As for the palomar knot, braid to floro, to each thier own. I tie my baits palomar, but use uni to uni when going from braid to floro or mono. If I cant pull it apart, it will hold. As it did well this morning.

Why should I opt for this over powerpro? Just curious as I've never tried it, but I certainly don't feel like I need to increase my casting distance, 8 or 10 lb PP on the right rod will cast a country mile.

You really dont to be honest.

PP is a better all around line

I've been using 4 lb test Nano for a few years now and it's great. Got some 8 lb test the other day and I am still deciding which reel I will put it on. I ordered 2 spools for my Shimano Stradic 1000 and will maybe install the Nano on one of the spools.