Mother's Day

spincast

Well, it was that day again, the one that comes but once a year and gives us family men a chance to show our wives how much they mean to us. In our house, we spare no effort to show our respect. We selflessly get up before the dawn and hook to our work machines.

df8edbf9-e641-42e0-ae77-ddabe4d97440_zps

Caring not for the risk, we brave the deep waters seeking our most coveted offering

RIMG1503_zpsuu3h3ryr.jpg

once found in exactly the correct size we diligently nurture them and ensure their freshness

RIMG1506_zps4kdc7yl3.jpg

we perform herculean tasks that stretch our bodies to their very extremes

RIMG1507_zpsjr9mnonl.jpg

so that at last after many selfless hours and a brave running of the gauntlet to avoid the rough seas and rain that chased us off the water, we may bring home our ,most special offering

RIMG1510_zpsaovfbnsk.jpg

and then, still after many hours and at insurmountable risk to ourselves, still we labour on and make preparations worthy of our respect

RIMG1513_zpswfmtjqpm.jpg

and a fine meal worthy of my wife, who looks at me on Friday night and says - Well, Jays game Saturday - you fishing Sunday?, 'cause I got places to be ....

RIMG1514_zpsgdngodbb.jpg

What more can an angler ask for?

To all those wives who understand this obsession... You're the best :)

Nice! I took my better half to quinte for the weekend. We put in about 18 hours on the water. We are lucky men. I can only laugh at the guys who arent so lucky HA!

Looks like yas had a great day!

S.

Way to go... Dad and I hit the grand in search of kitties only to be blown off the grand???? As if that's a thing. My mom and wife understood. We were in dunville for brunch and the water temps were right.

Edited by Freshtrax

Great report Rick.

On Mother's day, I hit up a stocked trout pond and brought home 2 fine brookies for my mom to clean and cook and there were plenty of dishes for her to wash afterwards...That was my present to her because as we all know, women enjoy doing those things :D

I'm kidding...I really am :angel:

What a great thread....lol.... Had a few chuckles, starting right from the begins ng.

As I progressed in reading the first post, the voice in my head turned into "the movie trailer" guys voice. Hahaha good read once again.

My mom, as I'm sure most, just enjoys our presence there".