muskie lure transportation

I broke down and bought one of those big soft tackle bags with all the plastic plano boxes in it.

Keeps all the baits seperated but does take up some room in the boat.

My buddies boat has a line of old rod hangers with a bit of soft foam in them and they are awesome for hanging a few select lures from while fishing.

Edited by Gallie

I used the crate and down-spout method for a year or two. Quick and easy to select the bait I wanted - and easy to see them all. But, it took both hands carrying the box back and forth from the cabin to the boat every day. Some locations, I would not trust letting all those lures sitting in the boat - so it could have been more than one trip a day just for the box. Eventually I purchased a carrying case from BPS with a shoulder strap. Put three of the larger Plana boxes inside and they fit just right. One box had my bucktails only, and so on. Each box contained a specific group of lures. Now, just throw it over my shoulder and I have two free hands for carrying other things. The down side is, it takes longer to open up and find the bait I'm looking for.

There's lots of plastic totes available that work. Find the size that works for your collection or what you generally need for a day and make compartments. The downspout is a popular solution that works. Cheaper than buying a musky box.

If you use a bucket...install a wide pvc pipe in the middle of the bucket so you have another area to hang baits and eliminate the wasted the space.

Here's a question where I have the best answer! Special Mate 13" Musky Box. Very similar to NWT Dave's. Not everyone has the carpentry skills he is blessed with. His is a very similar set up. I use the 10" box for ALL my plugs, spoons and spinners. Gone are the days you reach into a tray to get a plug and come out with 4 or more. All for under $100.00. I would have never considered paying that much for a plastic box but now wished I had years ago if they had them. What a nice storage solution. I think the 13" box holds 45 lures. My 8" box holds 120 untangled lures.

Look at the Special Mate for all plugs etc. not just Musky.

http://protacklemuskyshop.com/musky-store-c23.php?command=viewProducts&productGroupID=13

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Very similar to NWT Dave's. Not everyone has the carpentry skills he is blessed with.

Meh, it's just a little something I cobbled together to hold my lures.

If you want to see something that took me a little longer and was a tad more difficult look at these pics. :whistling:

E_Centre_1.jpg

E_Centre_2-1.jpg

Dave I had the same TV in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!! My small tube is 60 "s. Poor eye sight is what I tell my Lady. Type 2 = poor eyesight. However, nice unit, you have some skills my dear Man. Make the opening 80" and it will fit my next Boob Tube. My current one is only 70. Poor eyesight remember? You can build me my next unit, no Pine and Shakers though. I have some burled Walnut on the property, would that be sweet?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Dave I had the same TV in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!! My small tube is 60 "s. Poor eye sight is what I tell my Lady. Type 2 = poor eyesight. However, nice unit, you have some skills my dear Man. Make the opening 80" and it will fit my next Boob Tube. My current one is only 70. Poor eyesight remember? You can build me my next unit, no Pine and Shakers though.

:tease::tease::tease::tease::tease: