Bimini tops

boombap

You can save a ton by buying one through Basspro or Cabelas and installing it yourself.

I got mine from Cabelas on sale for about $300 with a set of rails so I can slide it forward when in use and back when not in use.

That way it lays just in front of the motor instad of in the middles of my rear casting deck.

Wished you were closer to me as I have one that came on my Lund Alaskan and has never been used. I find they are a pain if fishing as they obstruct both your sides and overhead. It is basically a Sun Shade that catches the wind

Wished you were closer to me as I have one that came on my Lund Alaskan and has never been used. I find they are a pain if fishing as they obstruct both your sides and overhead. It is basically a Sun Shade that catches the wind

Ditto, I had a Bimini for my old center console, hated it, only used it in extreme conditions. It negated all the advantages of the center console with all the attachments to the gunnels. If I had it to do over I'd go with a T - top.

When you're pulling spoons (down rigging) on a dead quite day and there isn't a cloud in the shy; you'd wish you had something giving you some shade.

On my buddies (RIP) 22 foot starcraft tin boat; I wired in a couple of removable fans. Fans like you'd see on the school buses. The combination of the bimini and the fans; we were good, not matter how hot it got out on Long Point Bay.

Dan.

When you're pulling spoons (down rigging) on a dead quite day and there isn't a cloud in the shy; you'd wish you had something giving you some shade.

On my buddies (RIP) 22 foot starcraft tin boat; I wired in a couple of removable fans. Fans like you'd see on the school buses. The combination of the bimini and the fans; we were good, not matter how hot it got out on Long Point Bay.

Dan.

It helps keep the snow off ya in the early and late season too.

Not to mention when it decides to rain cats & dogs.

I don't think you want a bimini, you want a full standup top. Had one made for our Lund (1700 Pro Sport) it was $1600 or so. This included a cover for the bow area, both sides with windows and a full rear cover as well (It basically covers the entire boat, lol. Here's ours with just the top section on, really nice to get out of the sun and still easy enough to set riggers/dipsys, etc.

IMG_4967_zps7ed766ec.jpg

Edited by BillM

I have one that's practically brand new that I'm looking to sell. How do the measurements work. Not really sure how to advertise the specs

Width is usually adjustable ie 74"-82" (gunnel to gunnel)

Height is from the mounts to the top when up ie 54"

There are 3 bow and 4 bow tops (3 or 4 cross braces)

3 bow are shorter in length than 4 bow units (6' as opposed to 8')

Edited by DRIFTER_016