Bring Back the Bees-NF

FloatnFly

My lawn is a dandelion haven in the early spring, I love seeing tons of yellow for a few weeks. I only cut when the dandelions have turned to seed.

I can't believe there are municipal laws against growth of 'weeds' like wildflowers. I just shake my head at the pointless vanity

Once my wife stops getting pregnant we'll raise our own bees too.

Years ago I read an article about farmers growing dandelion commercially in the South. The biggest problem they were having was the intrusion of grass! :lol: I loved that irony. The definition of 'weed' is purely subjective.

Give it a few years and it will be the trendy thing on salads and sandwiches in yuppified neighborhoods in the GTA.

Once my wife stops getting pregnant we'll raise our own bees too.

Maybe if someone had 'splained the birds and the bees to you that wouldn't have happened quite so much! :):rolleyes:

Sounds like a great spot for some hives. I have a few buckwheat fields close to my place. Makes the best honey apparently.

tempting, but with a young daughter around, i don't her bugging the hives. theres a couple pear trees, an apple tree, i think apricot or some other weird fruit, some grape vines. downside is it brings the wasps around

As a youngster.....yes a very long time ago........ I kept bees with the old neighbour across the road. 12 hives that we gathered from producing jars of all natural honey. I became allergic to stings, he past on and I still play with bees. I have had a wild hive in a red oak trunk for the past 8 years on the farm. The hive has split twice, and getting ready to do so again, so this year I am putting two top bar hives up in the hedge for them.

I might add that unlike commercial hives I have yet to have a hive die off over winter in this tree.

Dan