Barrie has lost a great man

misfish

This was very sad to just hear.

If you have watched the Barrie news for a long time, you knew Bob.

What a wonderful man to know. Funny how he made you feel like a friend and family even just seeing him on tv.

Rest in peace Bob Mcintyre.

1297774613595_LARGE_BOX.jpg?quality=80&s

When I moved to Barrie many years ago, I was an avid hockey player. Talking to some locals, I was told to just show up with my equipment and hang around during adult league hockey. I did, I had no idea whom I was talking to at the time when I was asked, are you playing the next game? I responded no, just hanging out looking for a team to play on. Turned out to be Bob that approuched me, and told me they were looking for an extra player. I played the remaining year for his team and some shinny wednesday afternoons with him at the old Dunlop arena, I still remember him burning up and down the ice wearing those cooperalls, wearing his flyers jersey. LOL

Funny how first impressions last a life time.

If I had a picture of him wearing those cooperalls, that would be going on the fridge................................ :angel:

I promised I would not post here for a while as I do not want to burden anyone on this board but Brian thank u for posting, new him well, took him coffee many a time , he loved flying, as u know, I have a picture of him standing beside my son in the tiger moth, ironically that is our last name and dad worked at DeHaviland for 35 years. Bob got a laugh out of that, the man was graceful thru chemo years ago and showed he was not a quitter, an inspiration to us all

We had quite the day with Bob even a little flying, used to burn his ear off at the old co op store

Keep on flying Bob, fly in peace

Edited by mr blizzard

Sad indeed. I knew when Bob "retired" in the Fall that his time had come. Going to work was pretty much all that kept him going forward the past decade. I've known Bob personally, thanks to the aviation world, for over 25 years and you couldn't have met and known a finer gentleman. Bob fought a great fight, no holds barred, I hope he rests easy.

Edited by irishfield