Shallow whitefishfest. Got to love the newfie GPS system

misfish

Ever since the first couple of weekends of this season ( when I was catching fish) all my buds have wanted to fish deep for lakers and whitefish. Hey to me it dosent matter, a day of fishing with buds is always a good day. With too many skunks for me, it was time to go back to what I wanted to do. FISH SHALLOW. I was the pie piper. Follow me, or not,Im going shallow.

There were 5 of us hooking up this morning at 6:30 . I was already to walk out, so headed out with my NEWFIE GPS. Dont laugh, it works, as you will see.I get on the spot and get the holes prepped for all the guys. Man that electric made short work of 15 holes through 10" of ice. ( ya, still bragging about my set up)

Once set up, the fish where coming and going and coming and going, Finaly they started to stay. I marked all morning. It was insane. They were there like at the start of the season. Man, I was kicking myself for all those deep water skunk days. :whistling:

Got the first whitie on the small half an half hammered pretty quick. Followed by another. It was way to early to close up shop, so I released it. Kept fishing and managed to hook into 11 of them. Released all til the last one, that gave me my 2 limit for dinner tonight. Wanted a couple of herring to go with the whities, so jigged the mid colum of the water and managed to get me one.

Jer managed to get himself a small whitie and a couple of herring for his efforts and some small perch to boot. Nick got the same. Rob and Ron, managed to get some action, but didnt see anything for thier great effort. Theres always Sunday byes.

As always, great to get out with friends and fish for a half day. Ya half days like this I will take anytime.

Some pictures from this morning.

We set up a nice four corner system .

Shallow%20whiteis%20001_zpszrvc1d3q.jpg

My buddy Ron ( known as Ryder Ron )

Shallow%20whiteis%20007_zpsi67lchul.jpg

Rob ( Wall eyed ) and his cool smitty for his flip over hut. Rob, thats a great design bud. Aluminum frame will be wicked.

Shallow%20whiteis%20009_zpshzn4vwpm.jpg

Shallow%20whiteis%20015_zpsvc5kwbcw.jpg

Nick ( NAW)

Shallow%20whiteis%20006_zpsue5pe1tw.jpg

Jeramy and his have smitty will travel. I can only amagine what other travelers on the hwy were thinking . :clapping:

Shallow%20whiteis%20014_zps7hanbnkz.jpg

Shallow%20whiteis%20008_zpskolauq0r.jpg

What I was watching all morning

Shallow%20whiteis%20005_zps2bf9qq03.jpg

My rewards. NEWFIE GPS, spot on. :D:lol:

Shallow%20whiteis%20013_zps5ausm10s.jpg

Get to do it all again sunday morning. :Gonefishing:

Play safe out there all.

B

Edited by Brian B

Yup I was playing "roll up the whitie" this mornin! Them little buggers are gonna get caught one day by me. Nice seeing you guys out there today. And thanks again for punching those holes Brian, that thing is so quite even the fish can't hear it.

Rob C

This didnt take long. Original fish crisp, the fish and taters,

It,s how I fry for a whitefish guy. Malt vin and sea salt is all that it gets topped with when done. :canadian:

Shallow%20whiteis%20017_zpsbn6rae4a.jpg

Shallow%20whiteis%20018_zpsmhdx6shk.jpg

Shallow%20whiteis%20021_zps33o9f37b.jpg

Heres the kicker,,,,,,,,,,,,

My young lilly loves fishing , but gets grossed out when cleaning. Would never eat the fish. Well, she had a taste tonight. :w00t: Im lucky to get me a feed, as she was chomping it down quick. I was told, POPPY, get me some more. :blush: And to think, she turned down nannies lassanga to boot. :rofl2:

Absolutely fantastic Brian. It's so nice to read a good fish report from you ice guys. I have been sharpening hooks and sorting weapons of mass destruction all day.

You didn't have to rub it in with pics of a fresh from the water into the pan dinner, now did you? I guess I'll just have to wait, it's killing me.

It,s how I fry for a whitefish guy. Malt vin and sea salt is all that it gets topped with when done. :canadian:

My young lilly loves fishing , but gets grossed out when cleaning. Would never eat the fish. Well, she had a taste tonight. :w00t: Im lucky to get me a feed, as she was chomping it down quick. I was told, POPPY, get me some more. :blush: And to think, she turned down nannies lassanga to boot. :rofl2:

Hahaha good thing your heading back out!

Looks great! Only time I cooked a whitefish I did it whole

Are you loose? lasagna for fish?

But then I have 8 young ones and we cook traditional Intalian and they want the McDonald's crap?

I have to take them on Simcoe! Could be tough!

Nice catch B.