Port Dalhousie Browns

PUMP KNOWS

Good going Pump. We used to fish there every spring and fall until yes it became a Gong Show. We stopped after cars from NY, Ohio and Michigan were double parked in the lots and streets. Hopefully they cleaned up the bottom somehow because snags bouncing bottom were steady, one after another. That gets tiring real fast. The only way to fish was casting F-10's and lighter spoons. At least there were 2 Ballets that way then to lick your wounds after a day of snags and dealing with idiots.

Nice fish.

I thought the crowds was gonna be a lot worse but it was manageable. I guess it was a slow day for people.

I believe I was using a 1oz bell sinker with a carp quick change link like this... This way if I snagged, I would only loose my sinker and I can quickly add another one.

51ADT21arBL.jpg

it all works...

your fishing a ditch that literally is coated with zombie fish on the bottom....

if I fish the lake and can't catch a fish, I'll simply troll my way up dalhousie from the lake to the ramp. I've NEVER not caught a fish doing that....a simple little crank and away I go....

your fishing a man made trough that is literally full of fish year around.....

3 way, spoons, cranks, floating, etc, etc, etc....it all works.

dalhousie is not hard fishing....

I thought the crowds was gonna be a lot worse but it was manageable. I guess it was a slow day for people.

I believe I was using a 1oz bell sinker with a carp quick change link like this... This way if I snagged, I would only loose my sinker and I can quickly add another one.

51ADT21arBL.jpg

Nice fish! Where did you pick those quick links up at? Never seen that style around here, with the raised end.

51ADT21arBL.jpg

I am confused as to how this allows you to only lose your weight?

how does the weight slip off of that clip?

They can be found where you can find carp rigs but I bought mine at Sail.

I use them with the 3 way swivel, I never had to re-tie when I snagged, just added a new weight to that clip.

When the sinker snags on the bottom, I just pull my line and the bottom of the clip will straighten out and the sinker slides off the clip

They can be found where you can find carp rigs but I bought mine at Sail.

I use them with the 3 way swivel, I never had to re-tie when I snagged, just added a new weight to that clip.

When the sinker snags on the bottom, I just pull my line and the bottom of the clip will straighten out and the sinker slides off the clip

Gotcha, thats what i was thinking just didn't think after you straightened out the clip that you could put another weight back on...