Is That A Banana In Your Pocket Or Are You Just Happy To Not Catch Fish

ckewley

The weather this past Sunday was perfect for a get away with some friends in hopes of landing a few Lakers. Bain & I make great time getting to Chris Brock's place, pick him up & head over for some breakfast @ Timmies. Hit the bait shop & then off to parts unknown, we were to meet up with Julian (sorry man don't know your OFC name) along the way.He was slightly delayed so we'd move ahead & he'd catch up later. Once on this lake it became clear that not many folks fish it, at least nowhere near the numbers other lakes in the area receive. There was a good 1.5-2``of water on top & about 8-10`of ice, mixture of white & clear. Julian catches up to us at our first holes & we move around to our next spot. Not a few minutes pass & Julian was on the board

IMG_20160221_104824263_HDR_zpsdfuyubeq.j

Didn't know it at the time but this would be the biggest Laker of the day, nice fish. Anyway about 15min pass & Bain has one on the line, smaller but still puts him on the board.

20160221_110027_zpshxoidzro.jpg

His little guy was messed up, wrapped up in fishing line, a tear in his belly, he went back in better shape than he came up in. Now it's at this time that the tittle of this post gets it's name, Bain was feeling a little hungry so he pulls out a BANANA, I spot it & ask WTH is he doing bringing those blasted things on a fishing trip. Brock pipes in, Julian give him the thousand yard stare & it was also at this time the fish disappeared. The next 6+ hours we would put up with extremely light bites & lost fish. We dotted the landscape with holes.....BAIN!!!! Chris yells in his best Captain Kirk voice

imagejpeg_2.1_zpsxzpq2uot.jpg

Only after 6+ hours did I have any kind of luck, one laker took a good 2 minutes lightly playing with my bait before I set the hook home

IMG_20160221_152632665_zps3feuo37r.jpg

Followed by a slightly bigger one a few minutes later, was really full of minnows not sure how'd he pack another one in

IMG_20160221_155321677_HDR_zpsoyxtopuh.j

Chris would be cursing Bain's name all the way home.

All in all though we had a amazing day among freinds & chalk up another OFC member that is a real pleasure to be around, Julian is a great guy.

IMG_20160221_180243282_HDR_zpsrew6fj7e.j