In the process of losing my brother

mr blizzard

My much older brother who served his whole life protecting people in Canada, who had his knee blown out by a gun shot while responding to a call at a reserve just outside parry sound many years ago, who also had his cruiser roof ripped open while chasing a bad guy around a curve just north of the nb tims just north of bradford york limits , this area used to house an old abandonded brick warehouse, my brothers car went thru it spun around and ended outside again, only for my brother to get out thank fully and grab the bad guys collar who was laying face down in a ditch after he too had been ejected, just to stop the bad guy from drowning, ya thats the way it was in the not so old not so political days

Anyways I was told at 70 he was given 6 months,,,,,,,tonight my mother at 90 his step mother told us he has 3 weeks, talked to him tonight, he heard us a bit thru chemo sad part is he was a heavy smoker most of his life.

For a variety of reasons,we have not seen each other for over 8 years, jobs, distance etc

but whatever if i cant get back if anyone can pray for him it would mean alot Brian knows i am telling the truth

probably the last time i will hear his voice, along with my son and wife

And he was still polite on the phone tonight even after all the chemo

Do something nice for someone you love this weekend even if it is just a phone call to say hi

thx

john

Edited by mr blizzard

Man John that's bad. My empathy for you. The airlines do have bereavement rates if need be. I know a pal that came from BC to TO for 10% of the fare. I know we don't want to plan for the worse but it's reality. Contact them now for a pre approved rate.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Man John that's bad. My empathy for you. The airlines do have bereavement rates if need be. I know a pal that came from BC to TO for 10% of the fare. I know we don't want to plan for the worse but it's reality. Contact them now for a pre approved rate.

thanks OI you r a man of compassion, , tonight was probably the last garbled conversation i will have with him on this eartht,,, i can only wonder what this will do to my 90 year old mom who is just a short distance away, even my wife and 20 nyear old son chatted with him tonight a mist his chemo

And he was still so polite saying I am sorry I could not here u etc

WHAT EVER sorry for bringing this onto u all

Edited by mr blizzard

John.. you're too old for the "what ever" mentality. You'll be there, I know you will no matter what it takes.

I don't need to tell you that at 70+ he's done well. We've both lost a Daughter, I've also lost a sister at 49.. father at 59. Does any of that make it any easier, of course not, but we have to keep life in perspective and 72 is the average male age in Canada.

That said, if he's currently doing chemo I would suspect he's got a little more time than you think to make that trip you probably want to take.. but possibly not, considering how quickly Jennifer went down hill, but I certainly hope for your sake that if you need to make the trip to make "things right" that you can.

Probably not the best laid out reply... but I think you know where I'm coming from.

Edited by irishfield

John.. you're too old for the "what ever" mentality. You'll be there, I know you will no matter what it takes.

I don't need to tell you that at 70+ he's done well. We've both lost a Daughter, I've also lost a sister at 49.. father at 59. Does any of that make it any easier, of course not, but we have to keep life in perspective and 72 is the average male age in Canada.

That said, if he's currently doing chemo I would suspect he's got a little more time than you think to make that trip you probably want to take.. but possibly not, considering how quickly Jennifer went down hill, but I certainly hope for your sake that if you need to make the trip to make "things right" that you can.

Again Sage advice. It's never over till the fat lady sings.

Probably not the best laid out reply... but I think you know where I'm coming from.

It's never over till the fat lady sings.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

In the spring of 14' my sis-in-law slipped into a coma after her cancer surgery and was given last rights. She was at South Lake Hospital in Newmarket. They saved her life. We couldn't be more appreciative of all the staff there. It was a big deal for the hospital too as this doesn't happen enough, TV interviews, print media and radio, she became the poster child for hope. My point is miracles happen John. She drove here for a visit last summer.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Thank you eveyone for your time

To show my respect to this board I have pmd each of you, as this is the only board I care to be on

Yes a couple of months ago they had hope but as the weeks have passed the news has become less each time but the doctors as great as they are do not know it all , as they are human too

But I had only heard the news 30 minutes before I posted

But life goes on as it should, it is important to make the most of every day, and to keep on keeping on, dwell on the positives and down play the negatives

Thank you all and have a safe happy weekend

My family will pray for your brother Mr Blizzard. Be strong.

I lost my mom to cancer 18 months ago. I am still dealing with pain and grief.

If you have a chance to see him - do it.

I know you were posting about difficult financial situation in some of your posts, maybe members can donate some money for you to come.

If you will find this idea acceptable please let us know how we can help - maybe email transfer of $20 or so per every member willing to help.

Edited by Costa