Pesky critters and my garbage

Old Ironmaker

I was telling a pal that I have to lock my garbage up in the shed and he asked why? Why? Because they dig around and leave only the bones for me to pick up. He says he leaves his garbage out and urinates around it and doesn't have a problem. It actually sounds logical. So I did this today. Does anyone else piss on their garbage? I hope Mrs. Richter next door doesn't call the cops.

This isn't a Johnny D Corleone buster. Straight goods ????

I can just see it now.

Put my garbage can out on the curb the night before garbage day...

Whip it out, and give her a good soak. Neighbors kids down the road putting their garbage out at the same time..

Officer, I am trying to keep the coons away. Trust me! I read it on OFC!!

I built myself a garbage box out of plywood, and painted it with a water proof paint for this reason, skunks and racoons were getting into it. holds easily 6 bags of garbage, plus 2 recycling bins and a green bin. now my only problem are the flies and resulting magots. hate this 2 week schedual to get rid of garbage

We have a family of coons that moved in to our area this summer, the keep pulling our composter apart and also come up on the deck to get the feed we put out for the birds. They are so bold that even when I try to chase them away they just sit there. The other night I threw my shoe at one of them to try to get him to leave, within a minute he was back with three others. I walked back in and got the .22 figuring I'd shoot one of them and they'd get the idea, opened the door and never even got the gun up to my sholder all four of them were gone and didn't come back the rest of the evening. let me know how the pee thing works!

Im not even joking, my wife is the worst for not labelling things

I was cutting my sons hair and to wet it down i used a spray bottle of water

My sons starts crying and thats when I realized it was full of vinegar

Boy did I lay into her( 4 months pregnant now)

???

Edited by manitoubass2

When I used to grow sweet corn in my garden the coons ate most of it before I had a chance. I read in a gardening magazine once to get fox urine sold at hunting stores. Figured what the heck and gave it a try. A few drops on some of the out side row plants. Worked like a charm. Reapplied after a rain. Never had anymore coon problems after that. Used it for years then I started having squirrels getting my corn. It didn't seem to faze them :wallbash:

If you can still get it try the fox urine.

Actually it is a good point labeling stuff. I had a guy on my crew that actually kept gas in Coke bottles in his garage. You can guess what happened when his kids saw the Pop bottles. Idioto. The kids came out OK as they both played ball for Mac and one went on to play in the CFL. Thank God it didn't turn out tragically. I reuse spray bottles all the time and mark them with a Sharpie. I better mark the urine spray clearly or our BBQ might have an acrid taste to it.

Note: don't put gas with 2 stroke oil in the lawnmower or in a pop bottle.

Actually it is a good point labeling stuff. I had a guy on my crew that actually kept gas in Coke bottles in his garage.

A long time friend of mine who's been dead now for many years was in his garage one night with 3 buds. They were all drunk and looking for more booze. They found a gallon bottle on a shelf marked alcohol and they drank it.

My friend woke up hours later totally blind and his 3 friends were dead.

Turned out it was wood alcohol (methanol)

My friend never regained his sight but he was the lucky one.

When I used to grow sweet corn in my garden the coons ate most of it before I had a chance. I read in a gardening magazine once to get fox urine sold at hunting stores. Figured what the heck and gave it a try. A few drops on some of the out side row plants. Worked like a charm. Reapplied after a rain. Never had anymore coon problems after that. Used it for years then I started having squirrels getting my corn. It didn't seem to faze them :wallbash:

If you can still get it try the fox urine.

You can still get fox urin in the hunting supply stores. in fact I think I still have a bottle and will give that a try. I have a solution for the red squirrels but it doesn't just repell them. We had a good relationship until they decided my attic was going to be their new home.

Late June found this guy hanging around the side of the house...

Summer15-011_zps8aamquc1.jpg

Today...

Summer15-018_zpseydct5bc.jpg

They're crafty rodents. Bren snared the first, the momma. Today we got this one. Still thinking there's one more around.

Critter ridder, moth balls, vinegar... nothing like that gets them gone. Even this trap it managed to get in and out of many times without setting off the door.

Last fall it was skunks digging up the grubs over the septic tank and bed. Destructive but not as worrisome as a family of groundhogs burrowing around at the side of the house.