Some nice brook trout today *PIC*

Well last night I posted about fishing for brook trout in Barrie, no one responded, since I rarely fish for trout, and definitely never around here, I was on my own. I started driving and stopped at a nice looking creek ... drift, drift, drift nothing. Headed to a new spot drift, drift, FISH! then a few more drifts and a fish. Caught 12 in 45 minutes and went home. I kept 5 for the pan because my desire to fish for brookies was fueled by my desire to eat some as I never got out for opener this year. I kept one duker 14 incher because it wouldnt stop bleeding, nothing compared to the 16 incher I landed right after her! the 16er was released. I'll come back on later and let you all know how they taste :thumbsup_anim:

Kellisteve174.jpg

last one was caught last ... my post is wrong, but I'm too lazy to edit it ... caught them in 1hr 45 mins .... not 45 mins. first 4 I got quickly .... then I released a bunch of 10-11 inchers before calling it quits and keeping that smaller one...

Brian, if you still have any info to share, I'll gladly take it.

Thanks guys... and girls.. It was fun, and a learning experience.

Squuege, we gotta tell Rossi on monday, he doesnt think I can catch trout lol, cause Im a bass fisherman ... haha gotta remember that bass is closed for more than half of the year, gotta fill my time somehow.

P.S. I pan fried the fish in a basic flour/pepper/garlic salt seasoning ..... delish !!!

Edited by steverowbotham

I've done a lot of spec fishing in the past 30 odd years everywhere from Algonquin to James B watershed to L Huron tributaries and I have to say those are some of the nicest Brookies within 20 min of Barrie that I've ever seen. I'm lucky enough to have a few honey holes within 5 min (less than 10 km) from my place in Caledon but the odd 12 incher is a rare bonus. Great work, enjoy :clapping:

well, it rained Friday night, and I spent 15 minutes or so outside with a flashlight around 11pm, to find my bait.... theres a hint and a half haha. No floats.

Solo,

That was my first trip out for them in years, first ever in this region. I lucked out and found some good holes.... tell me to catch a steelie and see what happens :wallbash:

Still, gotta get out this fall :thumbsup_anim:

Take care.