2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

I think they should sign Stamkos anyway if he is available. Sign him for 5-6 years,you will need a guy like that anyway. Build around him,he is still young enough and give the fans something to enjoy. The waiting I do not get.

He is still under contract to Tampa, he is not a free agent until the summer.

Not a fan of what kadri did but emotions happen, and that wasn't a hit the NHL wants to endorse, shoulder to face is not where the initial contact should have been, but that's what it was

What I seen ,was he had his head down trying to skate through. Not sure it was an intentional hit to the head.

Heads up.

As for his re action, ya, not the best.

Kadri gets a fine apparently, nothing more for the throat slash gesture.

Looking over the 09 draft after kadri was taken its tough to say I wouldn't do it again, but Ryan o rielly went in the second round, and tomas Tatar went 60th overall... So there's that haha. I also read this and it makes you think a bit also.

http://thehockeywriters.com/hindsight-is-2020-the-2009-nhl-entry-draft-re-done/

What I seen ,was he had his head down trying to skate through. Not sure it was an intentional hit to the head.

Heads up.

As for his re action, ya, not the best.

I hate guys that do all their tough talking on the player's bench. Kadri is a whiner and he can talk the talk but he'll never walk the walk. Embarasing for his teammates. Take the hit, get the number and shut up!

I hate guys that do all their tough talking on the player's bench. Kadri is a whiner and he can talk the talk but he'll never walk the walk. Embarasing for his teammates. Take the hit, get the number and shut up!

Easier said than done, in the heat of the moment in a tight game its easy as a spectator to say what you just did, put yourself in his shoes and say you wouldn't do something similar, he has fire in him which is good to see.

Also refer to above article I just linked

Nope!!!

He isn't.

That was a good one in the 1st period. :tease: :tease: :tease:

You won't get an argument from me. I loath the laffs and Dion was one of them I hated the most. He was a pilon with the laffs and I don't see that changing. Why Murray traded with a team that sucks so bad is beyond me!

You won't get an argument from me. I loath the laffs and Dion was one of them I hated the most. He was a pilon with the laffs and I don't see that changing. Why Murray traded with a team that sucks so bad is beyond me!

Probably because the goods teams don't want any of Ottawa's players. :whistling:

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Where are all those "fans" that predicted he'd get 40-50 goals playing with Crosby? Yup, he's really standing out in Pittsburgh.

To be fair, Crosby hadn't been up to a whole lot the first half of the season. And Pittsburgh is in a playoff spot right now while the Leafs, Sens, Habs, Jets, Oilers, Canucks, and Flames are all on the outside looking in. So no matter which Canadian team you cheer for Kessel is still better off lol.

More rumours heard this morning on the radio about Stamkos coming to the Leafs for next season, or maybe even at the trade deadline. I know there was a lengthy discussion about him earlier in this thread but I can't be bothered to go back and read it (lazy kids these days). My opinion on the matter is it doesn't really make sense to bring someone like him to the team now, unless he's going to be the only option for a top tier scorer the next 2-3 years. The Leafs aren't making the playoffs this year (no kidding) and probably not next year either. Before they blow their brains out on $12 mil/year on Stamkos they should make sure the supporting cast is actually going to be... supporting.

I hope we sign Stamkos, but we must remember he is only a "top 40" scorer....not a "top 10" or certainly not a "top 5" scorer.

I believe he currently is in 42nd in scoring .....

certainly not a $12M / year player!!!

(but I do believe we will be signing him...just not sure for how much)

I hope we sign Stamkos, but we must remember he is only a "top 40" scorer....not a "top 10" or certainly not a "top 5" scorer.

I believe he currently is in 42nd in scoring .....

certainly not a $12M / year player!!!

(but I do believe we will be signing him...just not sure for how much)

Oh if it happens itll cost alot for the name alone.

Like crosby not being up to par this season, you think hell drip down to a 4-5 mill a year guy? Heck no!!!

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Where are all those "fans" that predicted he'd get 40-50 goals playing with Crosby? Yup, he's really standing out in Pittsburgh.

I was one of those guys, but really because it seems anyone with talent that leaves toronto seems to blow up right away.

Anyhow it could still happen. Hes playing far better hockey in pittsburgh than in toronto

Edited by manitoubass2

He's trying to TANK and Dion will ensure that Matt! It won't be as obvious with Dion in the line-up that's the strategy!