Chrysler buy back... Is Canada going to follow suit?

Gerritt

.... If this is extended to Canada, would you sell your truck back to them?

Only the box, they'd never get the engine/transmission back. If it didn't have a Cummins in it, I don't know what I'd have for a truck, definitely not Ford or GM.

Im still happy with my built off the line in August 2014. 9.2 per hwy and today the tell tale was 10.1 per in the city.

Its not the MPG though, its the safety of the nearly unrepairable steering system and location of fuel tanks

lovin my F-150 more and more

Its not the MPG though, its the safety of the nearly unrepairable steering system and location of fuel tanks

lovin my F-150 more and more

The fuel tank is in the same place my 97 F150 ,I had.??????

What is MPG?

Edited by Brian B

The fuel tanks are on the jeeps not the Ram ,the Rams have defective steering.

The government bailout was only back in 2009 and it was predicted that taxpayers lost 3.5 billion when the smoke cleared. Now the parent company for Chrysler posted a 101 million dollar 1st quarter net profit and has 20 billion in cash and securities? That's a substantial rebound.

Edited by grimsbylander

For what I paid for it... in a heart beat ! If they depreciate it, not so fast.

"Under the agreement, Fiat Chrysler has to buy back the Ram trucks for the purchase price, minus depreciation."

I am not sure how much the depreciation is; but it doesn't look like anybody will be getting their purchase price reimbursed.

"Under the agreement, Fiat Chrysler has to buy back the Ram trucks for the purchase price, minus depreciation."

I am not sure how much the depreciation is; but it doesn't look like anybody will be getting their purchase price reimbursed.

it's sounds like a scam to get you to trade your old truck in on a new one, essentially that is what they are offering :wallbash:

Bet you get more if your are trading up than walking away with it in your pocket. :whistling:

it's sounds like a scam to get you to trade your old truck in on a new one, essentially that is what they are offering :wallbash:

Bet you get more if your are trading up than walking away with it in your pocket. :whistling:

Yup that's what I thought too.... They will use this to their advantage to sell more trucks

G

Not sure that they are offering straight cash, just a certain amount towards a trade-in.

I wonder what the option is if you don't want to re finance a new one?

I'd tell them they can give me a new one for a screaming deal or fix the old one lol

Since the government minister responsible here didn't get a "memo" from the U.S. or her own department yet no one knows what will happen. LOL How typical....

That being said the terms of buybacks aren't clear in the U.S. yet either, with the exception that it will be purchase price each customer paid minus depreciation. That depreciation rider is very important because as more trucks get bought out it will DRIVE the value of all them down farther. Thus lessening the cost of the total recall/buyback for the company.

The customer will lose even more as they have to eat the accelerated depreciation. If they take a sweetheart deal on a new Ram, they will get to eat higher depreciation on the new truck. The used market will be flooded with "FIXED" late model trucks already depreciated to a higher degree than the competition. I predict this will mean the market "value" of all Rams are going to have to less than they would have been, for a few years.

Good article answering 7 questions about the buyback part of the recall.... It isn't all 500,000 vehicles that are even eligible it is only the ones who have one 3 recalls that have not been fixed yet. The new estimate is it only 200,000 vehicles that will eligible for the buyback.

Interestingly, out of the 37 page agreement that FCA signed only a half a page was about the recall yet it is getting all the hoopla LOL. Typical media these days. It is better to be first than right about a story. Then, when you aren't first just copy and paste it word for word from a website and publish before the next guy does...

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2015/07/28/fiat-chrysler-nhtsa-buyback-program-details-questions-confusion/30795743/

Edited by Canuck2fan