New Camera........thanks for everyones input

blaque

Last fall i posted asking a million questions about getting into a new camera for hobbyist slash enthusiast photography. I spent way too much time mulling it over but finally pulled the trigger on a cam and decided to go the mirrorless route. Yes there are less lens options but i think theres plenty available to get me into the game. For now anyway. Im sure Ill grow out of this camera but i dont see that happening for quite a while. Im loving the easy to understand touchscreen user interface. Ive got a ways to go to find my way around this thing but thought id post a few initial images both straight out of the camera and a few post processed in lightroom (another learning curve on its own)

Samsung NX500

20150417_212503_zpsn4bcd1nm.jpg

20150418_084509_zpstosvhs1x.jpg

A couple straight out of the camera

SAM_0778_zpsdcyzp03n.jpg

SAM_0811_zpsf7un92gq.jpg

SAM_0776_zpslj0s8jzm.jpg

SAM_0648_zps4mqslicr.jpg

SAM_0399_zpsypnjq8v7.jpg

A couple with a little PP in lightroom

Catskills%202015%202_zpsaxx8thv1.jpg

SAM_0924_zpsdryzfuii.jpg

191_zps770nfhqs.jpg

Sycamore_zpscotdscck.jpg

butterfly-2_zps9yptpobs.jpg

Catskills%202015_zpsqb6bpunn.jpg

Thanks guys.......Im a little overexposed here and there, a little underexposed here and there, missed some focus points, probably oversaturated.... etc.......lol. But ill figure it out eventually

Just having fun playing around with the kit lens until i get the gist

Edited by Blaque

Professional quality. Keep up the great work and post more.

My favorite is the pic of the graffiti covered concrete pier with the beautiful natural scene behind it. Modern world encroaching onto the beauty of nature. I don't know if that is what you were trying to capture but that's what it says to me.

A photo becomes Art when an emotion is felt by the person looking at it no matter what the media is.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

That wasnt my intention, but i like your interpretation :)

This was way south of Buffalo in a very rural area,....I do find it odd that even out "in the sticks", you can find pot leaves symbolized on bridge abutments lol Kids everywhere feel compelled to leave their mark i guess.

Thanks again guys.....Bill........i will undoubtedly be picking your brain often lmao

Anytime man. My first suggestion, is a decent tripod for those low light situations where you don't wanna pump up the ISO. There are always deals on them, I'll pass them on when I can.

Yep, my next purchase plan goes something like this. Tripod, Pancake lens (the camera guys rave about a 30mm f2.0) and then something with a little reach

Ive already been in numerous situations where i was trying to put the camera on tree stumps etc to get a longer shutter and use my phone as a remote shutter (feeble attempts at waterfall pics lol). There was never a tree stump or rock at the right elevation lmao. Tripod it is

Cool spot.......i was at the restaurant not too long ago for lunch, great spot to sit and throw down a sandwich for sure. I also drive past it often during the fall/winter/spring when i make my way up to Oak Orchard

Funny thing is i never knew about that little lake........I just google mapped it and saw it tucked away right up the road. Id assume its a private body of water

Edited by Blaque

Indian Falls Lake used to be a trailer park. The family sold to a developer and they built McMansions on it. Many great memories from when I was a kid there. I haven't been down to see family for a few years but am going to the reunion in a few weeks in Clarence center. Small world. You could be sitting on the patio there and I would never know.

Edited by Old Ironmaker