Wilderness Outpost camp for sale - Maskinonge Lake

Jds63

Just wanted to be sure nobody confuses this advertised camp on Mashkinonje Lake with Mashkinonje Cottages on Lake Nipissing that some of us from this board frequent.

Totally different places.

Edited by lew

Looking at the upside, for a few hundred thousand dollars less than the price of a small attached single family row house in TO that probably needs 100K in renos to get it up to modern standards that you may see on "Love it or List it" you get 1000 meters of waterfront and 10,000 sqft of under roof buildings. Some of those antique canoes alone will fetch a big buck. A waterfront camp that was formally The Salvation Army Summer Youth Camp (code name for gang bangers from Hamilton's court ordered summer place of residence) with only 100 feet of non boating waterfront, 20 acres on Erie here in Selkirk went for 2 million 10 years ago. Granted it is nice with pool and many modern outbuildings, complete with it's own obstacle course. They turned down 4 million recently I was told. I think if I read right this is in the Sudbury area. It is within easy driving distance of the GTA. The lake looks like a fishermans dream.

The downside, 10,000 sqft of under roof buildings. You could drop a few hundred thousand into the place and not see it. A wind turbine to really get useable power would be 200K.

For some 30 something I.T. millionaire it would be do able. Maybe if I was 30 and a spare 1.5 million sitting around.

We should grab it guys and gals. 10,000 members is only $5.00 each to buy in. Then for the 10,000 of us to raise 2 million capital is only $200.00 each. Then we have a draw to see which 500 members get ownership a share in the LLC or share based corporation. I would spend $205.00 for a 1 in 10000 chance to own a piece of paradise totally renovated to the tune of 2 mil and off the grid.

Think about it. It wouldn't be the first time this was done I'm sure.

Please check my math.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Think my dad guided there in the late 30s, took me on fishing trip there in mid 60s Lake was pretty much dead from acid rain,if this is the same place I'm thinking of it's real remote as I recall unload boat. Ride up lower Lake portage around and up over dam then ride to end of Lake.Maybe not. A big deal but sure seemed like it to a kid