Shipping a truck from Edmonton to Toronto

OK, here is a good question guys. Hope the collective forum wisdom come up with valuable ideas...

Buying a new for me F150 from Edmonton and need to find least expensive way to get it to here in the GTA.

All prices I got quoted so far are in the $1,200-$2,000 + HST range.Strangle enough all those companies who quoted me seem to be pushing the car transport trucks method even though I specifically asked them for quote using rail/train transport as I suspect it'll be cheaper that way.

Having hard time getting quotes only based on rail transport terminal to terminal....

Last option will be to fly there and drive it back but prefer to avoid the 36 hrs driving back and wasting 3 days on return trip.

Anyhow....any ideas...or even prices if some here have done similar thing in the recent past?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Yes I've sent quote request to Livingston and bunch others. Haven't heard back from them yet.

$1200+ HST comes to almost $1,400 which is roughly $600 more than me flying there and driving it back....was hoping for shipping price around or under $1,000.

And have a feeling if I manage to get a real rail shipping quote (terminal to terminal) price may get in that range....just having a heck of a time figuring out how to get rail quote when everyone seems to be pushing very hard over the road transportation for some reason.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

For some aerial mission guys Rick... they load their container full in Miami and then send it off to Brazil, where they fly the rainforest trying to convert tribes to their faith. It's their dime... or more like the unknowing "collection plate" donors that pay for all this stuff!

:angel: It is Wayne...it took me 3 months of daily search....lets just say same truck will be significantly higher priced here in ON...you are right F150's everywhere...but check what price they sell for vs. the provinces West of ON.

Well worth the exercise, but would be nice if I get it shipped by train to the terminal in Toronto instead of spending 3 days of flying there and driving it back 3,600 km :worthy:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

It may well be Wayne...never done before so have no idea what is a deal or not...but if it is $1,200 +HST by truck....sure hope it is less than that by train terminal to terminal (not door to door).

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Are your quotes coming from Edmonton?

Alberta does not have HST only GST.

Get your quote from an Edmonton co. and you will save the PST portion of your HST. ;)

Are your quotes coming from Edmonton?

Alberta does not have HST only GST.

Get your quote from an Edmonton co. and you will save the PST portion of your HST. ;)

Would he have to pay the PST when he registers the truck in Ontario?

PM John (MrBlizzard) on the board.

He shipped a van and a boat to Edmonton when they moved out here.

He can tell you who they used and what it cost.

$1200 is a very good price I would think.

PM John (MrBlizzard) on the board.

He shipped a van and a boat to Edmonton when they moved out here.

He can tell you who they used and what it cost.

$1200 is a very good price I would think.

icefisherman

Thx DAVE

LIVINGSTONE TRANSPORT PERIOD, JUST do it, no dissappointments, they are out of concord ontario, not a mark not a scratch, bend over backwards to help u, i got a referral from a co up here who shipped a truck back to his dad in Sudbury, just do it and sleep well tonight, they shipped r van and boat in a covered train car fron concord to leduc, alta not a friggin scratch even the boat shrink wrap was flawless

john

icefisherman

Thx DAVE

LIVINGSTONE TRANSPORT PERIOD, JUST do it, no dissappointments, they are out of concord ontario, not a mark not a scratch, bend over backwards to help u, i got a referral from a co up here who shipped a truck back to his dad in Sudbury, just do it and sleep well tonight, they shipped r van and boat in a covered train car fron concord to leduc, alta not a friggin scratch even the boat shrink wrap was flawless

john

sorry it was shipped to sherwood park just ne of edmonton

Years back there was a company called Auto Driveaway a girlfriend worked for in T.O.. They paired up people that wanted cars shipped with people that wanted to get to where ever. But that was in the days people trusted one another. A few of us drove a big Caddy to Lauderdale and they reimbursed the gas cost, then we flew back. Another time we drove a truck out east and drove a car back. It was a great deal for a few cash strapped 21 year olds wanting to travel. There has to be something similar out there, if you can trust anyone. I trust in insurance.

I just Binged AutoDriveaway.com, they are still in business since 1952. Check it out, they will give an online quote after filling out vehicle and departure location and destination.

Looks like in Canada there is a company called CanadaDriveaway.com. Same premise.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Well sent quote request to Livinston last night...reply with 2 quotes came in:

- $1,234 Edmonton terminal to Vaughan terminal include: (fuel surcharge, insurance and applicable taxes.) 9 days delivery time

- $1354 Edmonton terminal to my house (fuel surcharge, insurance and applicable taxes.) time here varies a bit.

I think both quotes are by rail but sent them clarifying email back to confirm.

Better price than last quotes I got using truck transporters.

Sent request to AutoDriveWay.com to see what they offer.

Bill it is the 5.0L V8 engine.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Yes I've sent quote request to Livingston and bunch others. Haven't heard back from them yet.

$1200+ HST comes to almost $1,400 which is roughly $600 more than me flying there and driving it back....was hoping for shipping price around or under $1,000.

And have a feeling if I manage to get a real rail shipping quote (terminal to terminal) price may get in that range....just having a heck of a time figuring out how to get rail quote when everyone seems to be pushing very hard over the road transportation for some reason.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

$1200 + HST is a pretty decent price if it's by road. I wouldn't ship anything rail I have seen how they treat cargo and shunt containers .......just sayin'

Dollar figures aside, I'd say it's a great excuse for a road trip, vacation, camping adventure.

Just for reference, 10 years ago it was $650 for a motorbike strapped to a pallet from to Calgary to Toronto.

edit- the new 5 liter is good

Edited by chris.brock