French River Report

Spent the week of May 16-23 at Totem Point Lodge. Weather was crap, but I got over 100 walleye for the week! Biggest being 27 1/2"....a new PB.

This is my 3rd year at Totem Point and my knowledge of the area is paying off.

I am not affiliated with them whatsoever...just a guest, but if you want to visit Wolseley Bay....check out Totem Point. Customer service BEYOND amazing.

Wow, you had a stellar week dude ! Sounds like you've managed to dial in the water and hopefully avoided all the prop hazards as well lol.

Totem is one of my favourite places to go. Cell service is sketchy and the view down Wolseley Bay is beautiful, esp during a raging thunderstorm ! Is Mark still working the dock and boats ?

The original poster is either delusional or just a trickster. It is a known fact that the walleye fishing on the French, especially the Wolesey Bay area is horrible. Walleye are damn near extinct there. Perhaps the OP is confusing walleye with carp or sheepshead.

Those that fish it allot like to keep t that way in the general publics eyes. I

I think sometimes humour and sarcasm are lost through texting, happens a lot on here.

Unfortunately your 100% correct.

I read bigcreekdad's comment and to me it came across as nothing more than a joke, infact pretty funny I thought, but as you say the written word far too often comes across completely different than what was intended.

Sad but true.

Edited by lew

I always enjoyed my trips to the French River. The times I've gone we stayed in Wolseley Bay at Wolseley Bay Lodge and Bryer Lodge, which were decent. Always wondered about Totem Point, maybe next trip.

Good to see you did well there! Our trips have always been in the fall and the fishing was always a bit of a challenge for us. Beautiful place though, especially considering it's location.

LMAO. Great to hear you did well there. I used to go to the French and stopped going when the walleye seemed to tail off. The bite depends on so many factors there. Mayflies, water level and cold fronts.

My sense of humour or lack there of was the same as Sneak e Petes, so don't feel bad Sneak I read it the same way you did, but I have a right to be less then amused ive battled 2 1/2 foot to 3 foot waves all week, and am a little beaten up trying to achieve and maintain boat control to catch some eye balls. Even pulled an all nighter to try and avoid the big winds, but that didn't work either, 17 foot boat moved 3 feet sideways when I came off the mouth of the Indian River, with the wind gust