One Lake

DaveRoach

Lake St. Clair is a Musky factory. It might be a tad more than 3 hours from the GTA, just drive faster. But from what I have read on forums around the west end of Erie and LSC it is a no brainer for numbers of fish, not trophy fish but sheer numbers of Musky. I read about many multiple fish catches in 1 day from locals.

Lake St. Clair is a Musky factory. It might be a tad more than 3 hours from the GTA, just drive faster. But from what I have read on forums around the west end of Erie and LSC it is a no brainer for numbers of fish, not trophy fish but sheer numbers of Musky. I read about many multiple fish catches in 1 day from locals.

A few years ago i was on a seadoo on Lake St Clair in August down by Stoney Point. There were literally hundreds of Musky sunning themselves in the clear water. It was honestly one of the craziest things i have seen, everywhere you looked it was muskies.

50"+ fish are landed every weekend on St Clair.

Craigson,

I have heard that 50's are rare, but if it's true 50's are in there well even better for the Musky hunters. I want to give it a go this year. I just need to find a Musky guy that has some of those 50 buck lures. Plus I need to work out in the Gym before tossing those bricks for a day.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

There are some ski's on buckhorn , but they dont get that big. I caught around a 42 or three last summer, and now

I'm looking to improve on that size. 50+ is my goal.

I only suggested Lower Buck because I was under the impression you only had the one day to fish and you said you were familiar with the lake.

If it's a 50 your looking for though, your better off heading east, north or west of the Kawarthas. The K's have some 50's but their few & far between.

aha wow, seems L. Buckhorn is a popular lake, I too have seen some large ones pulled from there. But as Lew and some of the others said, the biggest ones are going to be found on the bigger bodies of water. Will take you longer to figure those bodies out though of course...

Are you also on Lower Buckhorn James77? I don't get up near as much as I would like do to work but have had a cottage there for 20+ years.

Kawartha Kev

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread into a Lower Buckhorn thread.

No worries Kev, James and I fish together. Was just looking for other alternatives as I've caught some sort of Muskie bug and can't stop watching others catch 50 plus inchers on youtube. Is there a doctor in the house

Edited by DaveRoach

James, I'm no expert but find LSC like most big lakes, its all in the weather and boating smart.

LSC is big and not much protection out in the middle.

If you have a small boat scout ahead and decide either Mitchel Bay side or Belle River.... not both.

On water everything looks so close but your 25hp will tell you another story.

James it's all weather dependant. My almost 20 foot deep V StarCraft with a wide beam can become a floating coffin if I get caught in 40K or less winds on any lake or river. We start looking at good marine weather reports the day before at least before heading out on any water. I have learned much about deep water in the last 20 years of living on the lake. For another thread.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Someone already mentioned Stocco and Moira... and people wonder why all the giants are gone from there? and why you see 25-50 boats on opener now.... Im glad that my musky days are over... except the odd outing... feel free to name lakes.... just remember that there are ALOT of people on here just looking for new water to explore. Not a bash... just reality.

While we are at it.. where is the best crappie lakes you know of? I only want 15"s tho.... no bites? didn't think so :)