One Lake

DaveRoach

Someone already mentioned Stocco and Moira... and people wonder why all the giants are gone from there? and why you see 25-50 boats on opener now.... Im glad that my musky days are over... except the odd outing... feel free to name lakes.... just remember that there are ALOT of people on here just looking for new water to explore. Not a bash... just reality.

While we are at it.. where is the best crappie lakes you know of? I only want 15"s tho.... no bites? didn't think so :)

So blame the guy that helps another guy out. Typical! Anyone ever tell you of a lake or spot on a lake? Give me a break. Instead of taking aim and pissing on me why don't you write your government and ask them why they and other governments have mismanaged your fishery and the moneys collected for decades? Oh I forgot, cause guys like me give away hot spots and that is why the fish are all gone. :wallbash::wallbash:

Moxie not pissing on you just pointing out the obvious.... smaller lakes can only take so much pressure... mis managing starts with the angler... like I said I don't care anymore, but if you want to help out, I'm still waiting for the crappie spot? :whistling:

I've caught dozens of muskies in my life...and I've never targeted them. Just pick a lake that has muskies use 4LB line and a 1/16 or 1/32 oz jig and pretend your fishing for bluegills or crappie.

I guarantee you will get your share.

Change that to pickerel and I'm on board with you! I fished for musky for a while, but found them not to match the hype. But fishing for pickerel in the kawarthas and the damn things can be a real nuisance.

All the kawartha lakes are good musky lakes. Pick a lake, spend some time on it, and before you know it, its the best musky lake. Ive been fishing the kawarthas for 25 years, and my favourite musky lake hasnt been mentioned here yet. Lol....funny how that works eh?

S.

I think Restoule is not simple doesn't have GPS but has some nice ones for sure if you don't know where the rocks are can be pretty difficult.

If I had one choice there is no doubt where I would head for the opener - Cameron Lake/Pigeon lake or Lower Buckhorn - find a hump start casting a tube that's it - then find a weed edge and cast there, eventually you would connect. Fan of Red October but they all work great two colours black and black

Have fun and have release tools

Moxie not pissing on you just pointing out the obvious.... smaller lakes can only take so much pressure... mis managing starts with the angler... like I said I don't care anymore, but if you want to help out, I'm still waiting for the crappie spot? :whistling:

Duly noted Loadman but that lake hasn't been a secret for a very long time and ya it sucks that our fisheries are going to hell in a hand basket but with proper care taken concerning catch and release practices as well as educating other anglers in the hopes they help in managing whats left what else can we do? The rest of it lies with the powers that govern. I've pissed in their direction on more than a few occasions so my conscience is clear. How about yours?

As far as a Crappie spot I'll let you in on it as soon as I find it.