cooking thread...

I too used a top load Little Chief starting in the mid eighties , it finally died , the racks and frame were also galvanized they got pretty nasty considering we are talking food . One tip, I always kept the box it came in with the ends removed, when cold out I would slip the square cardboard tube over the unit to maintain temperature. I just use a box with wet chips on the BBQ now, but am not doing massive amounts of salmon like back then.

Edited by dave524

back to smitty55.........

I use the same smoker and really should buy a new power cord, the one I have has a melted plug..........

and BTW those moose sausages last night got a good dollop of Iron Arse BBQ Sauce. I bought every bottle they had at the two "Ride for Dad" booths a month or so ago. Thanks for the steer on that!

Doug

That's good news Doug. I'm glad you're enjoying the sauce. I'd hate to think I steered you wrong. I use that sauce regularly for many different things. Makes a great dip too.

Cheers

It,s ribfest for this house hold.

Dry rub in the smoke and fresh ground pepper. Let sit for a half hour, then rub in the wet. Will be mopped, once close to being done with one of my favorites. I usually keep the silver on the back, but there is a bit more fat content then I like, so removed it so not to trap the fat in the meat. Will slow cook at 250 deg indirect on the BBQ, for about 3 hours. :devil:

DSCF3079_zpsmidkvlog.jpg

DSCF3081_zpstq4jmunj.jpg

DSCF3084_zps5lxohshp.jpg

Just layed on the bbq. Should be ready by the time the race is over. I need a bigger BBQ me thinks.LOL

DSCF3086_zpsmrfhhqmm.jpg

DSCF3087_zpslhj3uvqk.jpg

Just the right temp. Going to have to monitor as it,s very warm and humid here today.

DSCF3088_zpsqxsh582a.jpg

Edited by Brian B

Sure look good!!

Thanks Spanky

Well they are now resting well.

Mopped in sauce and flipped on the hot side of the grill to add some char flavor.

They turned out great.

DSCF3089_zps44c0wnos.jpg

Got the little ones out of the way first

DSCF3091_zpstuhrzili.jpg

Then it was time for the full side hog ,to get a grill,n and a mop or two.

DSCF3093_zps2r1fa2vg.jpg

And theres the happy sides, left and right, all together once again.

DSCF3095_zpstbs3xlox.jpg

I love a happy endings.

:canadian:

Edited by Brian B

Brian, that beats the snot out of left-over "Venison-aroni"................which is on the menu here this evening.

Doug

Doug, I have made many a ribs this way, and I got to say, these are probly right up there as one of my best. Pulling the silver, was the maker. When there is just meat, I will keep the silver on to kep it moist. Like I said, there was more fat then I like on these, but they were on sale for $1.68 a pound. Make what ya can at that price.

DSCF3098.JPG

Doug, I have made many a ribs this way, and I got to say, these are probly right up there as one of my best. Pulling the silver, was the maker. When there is just meat, I will keep the silver on to kep it moist. Like I said, there was more fat then I like on these, but they were on sale for $1.68 a pound. Make what ya can at that price.

attachicon.gifDSCF3098.JPG

I'm with you Brian. And yes, I always take off the silver skin, they seem to take the rub better that way.

I always pull silver on ribs. The texture when eating is much better. Between bones and fat can't imagine it does anything for moisture

Retention and if it does feel like the texture during eating is well worth it. Ribs definitely look amazing.

Edited by Consigliere

That sauce use to come in big bottles. All I can find now, is those small ones. Im just glad it,s still out there. Hard to find at times.

Thanks Lucas

Those big bottles were huge and cost the same as the little bottles now! Absolutely delicious sauce.

A manager at no frills put me onto it. They have always.

I use two every summer of the hot!

Those big bottles were huge and cost the same as the little bottles now! Absolutely delicious sauce.

A manager at no frills put me onto it. They have always.

I use two every summer of the hot!

Thats where I got this bottle. No frills.

Highland ( now coppas) use to have it as well. Big bottles with the flip snap top.

Edited by Brian B

Thats where I got this bottle. No frills.

Highland ( now coppas) use to have it as well. Big bottles with the flip snap top.

B, it's a PC brand, so loblaws Fortinos and no frills carry it, I've never been to the other two?.

Would they stock PC brand?

It's so good!

B, it's a PC brand, so loblaws Fortinos and no frills carry it, I've never been to the other two?.

Would they stock PC brand?

It's so good!

Real Canadian Superstore is part of the Loblaw's empire, they seem to be a good place for supersize and caselot stuff.

I have not posted in abit...

On the grill they go!

20160630_185500_zpssts7sodg.jpg

Looks very tasty indeed Rick!!!

Tonight here it was BC spot-tail prawns alfredo with fusili pasta, yum yum!!!

This leaves me with ONE package of prawns left.................. :( But I hope to have more by the end of August! :canadian: