cooking thread...

Theres always McDonalds I tell them. LOL

Big roll of ground extra lean beef, with,garlic,pepper, onion, bacon and old cheese stuffed in it. No bacon wrap this time. Theres enough 2 lb,s of fried bacon in the mix.. :whistling:

Will be smoothered over with, a fresh batch of an old bbq sauce recipe that my great grandmother past on to my parents. It,s full of herbs and spices. I was given a bottle yesterday. :worthy:

Grilled cob and taters as a side.

:clapping:

Firmly set and ready for the bbq.

DSCF3119_zpsbyinsztu.jpg

You know it,s ready when it holds in your hand.

DSCF3122_zpsjwju8w5g.jpg

After a 2 hour slow cook, and basted. it,s ready to rest .

DSCF3131_zpsi9wtfk5f.jpg

How is the secret sauce kept? Well in a bottle of course. Look at all the fine herbs and spices in that bottle. A family secret even I dont know. Just glad to get me some for the bbq.

DSCF3130_zpsvlartkhh.jpg

My moms is asking "how do you cook pork so juicy without undercooking"? ???

Cook alot of pork mom and ya just know when its right?

Lol my parents ask the same, I think it's because my grandma on my dad's side fried the heck out of everything when he was growing up so he does the same, steak included, though it's taken 5+ years I've finally got my dad appreciating medium rare, he used to get mad when there was still some pink in his steak lol.

What I find crazy is so many people think pork is this meat that HAS to be cooked well done, when in reality 145 degree internal temp is what gets you out of the danger zone I tell people that and get told no that's not right ???

What I find crazy is so many people think pork is this meat that HAS to be cooked well done, when in reality 145 degree internal temp is what gets you out of the danger zone I tell people that and get told no that's not right

Don't invite me over if pork or poultry is on the menu :wacko:

Don't invite me over if pork or poultry is on the menu :wacko:

Haha look into it, I'm not saying I do 145 and pull it off, but I also don't enjoy eating an entire piece of pork that is tougher than shoe leather, chicken is a different beast and definitely needs to hit its temps also

I hear ya lucas.

Lots of people just dont know when it comes to pork. Its sumilar to chicken or turkey imo. I want it cooked, but juicy. And everyone seems to cook all that away.

pork steak is a bit tricky, you got maybe a 2-3 minute window to get it off in time and tent it.

We ate it all(boy was it good) and nobody died)

????

Mmmmmmm...fresh caught never frozen smoked coho....

Looks good, Coho is , at least to me the best eating of all the salmonoides and trout in Lake Ontario. I never hesitated to thaw and smoke them, one of the books I read on the subject, before the internet , said that freezing breaks down the cells and you get better brine penetration, but a fresh one with bread and diced celery stuffing and wrapped in tinfoil on the BBQ :thumbsup_anim:

Put some lakers aside and we will do them up when I visit!

Geez Ill have to check the regs. I could head up the next few days to lower manitou if its open.

Are they okay to freeze first?

And whats the best size? We get them anywhere from 8lbs to about 22lbs

Geez Ill have to check the regs. I could head up the next few days to lower manitou if its open.

Are they okay to freeze first?

And whats the best size? We get them anywhere from 8lbs to about 22lbs

Frozen is fine, we'll thaw them before we brine them.

Those northern lakers are not as terribly fatty as the ones down here, if memory serves me. But in general, the smaller fish are better.

You do own a smoker, correct?

Doug

Frozen is fine, we'll thaw them before we brine them.

Those northern lakers are not as terribly fatty as the ones down here, if memory serves me. But in general, the smaller fish are better.

You do own a smoker, correct?

Doug

Yeah they arent as fatty.

And yessir me gots a smoker?