cooking thread...

Would all u great people mind if I posted back on this thread. What I said was true but I hope brighter days are ahead. Our menu was truly what I said for 3 days. We r not eating steak yet but hamburger and some spaghetti was real good today. We all know most of us will never meet each other thru a glass screen but by the grace of God I have earned a great deal of respect for some special people here. If it's ok with the mods I would like to come back

Last night I cooked up some BC spot-tail prawns with primavera sauce on fusilli.

The prawns were trapped off Campbell River BC and one of my best buddies brought them out with him when he visited earlier this summer.

Steam them off in a rolling boil of salted water;

prawns_primavera_2_.JPG

Then the finished dish:

prawns_primavera_1_.JPG

Both photos taken surreptitiously when my wife wasn't watching..............could not sneak a picture of the plate, but you get the idea.

GOOD eats!

Doug

Thats a sweet dish there Doug. YUM YUM

Now I need a bit of help here.

Im looking for a sliced beef simmering sauce.

It,s a sauce that is spicey hot (not to hot to burn ya a new one ) but one that I can simmer some beef slices in for a beef on a bun.

I can only remember one that I use to eat at a pool hall back in my teens. It was a portugal billards hall. Man it was so good. This guy would start making it first thing in the morning for the local ole boys to have during thier domino games. It was a hit and home run. He cooked it up in a crook pot.

Anyone got one?

Thanks

Well I got the loins in the smoker yesterday, but not until 5:00 due to pouring rain. After 4 hours and 5 half pans of smoke they looked pretty good.

IMG_0659_zpssyp4cdva.jpg

The one on the right was on the bottom rack and registered around 135°, while the loin on the upper half rack didn't even register a temp. A half hour in the oven at 225° brought the one up to 150 but the other took another 2 hours more.

IMG_0660_zpscnhjarb6.jpg

The finished product. Lots of juice coming out the temp probe holes so it should be nice and moist meat. The kitchen sure smells good.

IMG_0661_zpsisnp8d0j.jpg

Didn't want to slice while hot and lose the juice so I did one today. It doesn't have that reddish tinge that the recipe site showed, as the curing salt I used didn't have the pink dye in it. Still looks great to me.

IMG_0662_zpstzi39gjh.jpg

No taste yet but dinner tonight will be back bacon, apple cinnamon pancakes, farm fresh eggs and some big chunks of Greek tomato. They are so good. Speaking of which, here's a look at the inside of a Greek. All meat, few seeds and a great sweet flavour.

IMG_0658_zps71aozlqq.jpg

Cheers

Update: Wifey couldn't wait for tonight so she did up the bacon and eggs for lunch and said it was by far the best bacon she's ever had. That makes me feel real good. She said it was nice and moist with an amazing flavour, which I attribute to the prime fresh ingredients I used in the brine, specially all that garlic hehe.

for Brian

Why not start with a Diana's Marinade and add heat to taste?

Maybe a bit of this: http://www.hotsauce.com/Wet-Fart-XX-Hot-Sauce-w-Pooh-p/1505.htm

Nice choice. Diana,s has some great sauce/marinade.

Im looking from scratch.

I may just have to try and retry, but when I get it, I will know and so will you guys.

LOL Thanks Rick.

Even after posting this, my brain has been turning away.

I think I got a good start to what I want to try.

Start off with charded plum maters,some red sweet peppers the same and add some habinaros. Salt and pepper to taste. Pure all the above, pour over slices of beef and let stew very slow to desired tenderness.

Now what would one serve as a side dish? Maybe a penne greek salad? The choices are never ending.

LOL Thanks Rick.

Even after posting this, my brain has been turning away.

I think I got a good start to what I want to try.

Start off with charded plum maters,some red sweet peppers the same and add some habinaros. Salt and pepper to taste. Pure all the above, pour over slices of beef and let stew very slow to desired tenderness.

Now what would one serve as a side dish? Maybe a penne greek salad? The choices are never ending.

See why i went mad scientist? ???

So much to try its never ending

I like your idea, never tried that before.

I got some pears simmering down now and some apples outta the yard that i still have zero idea what im gonna do with lol.

I know its going on or with some meat and thats about it?

Im almost thinking pork roast but who knows

Edited by manitoubass2