Charges laid in Detroit River muskie incident

John Bacon

Well I seen the news about it yesterday lets hope the charges stick through to a conviction and they set an example and get the word out as well to all the other goons who think they know everything !!!!! But yes more than likely a few hundred dollar fine and he will be fishing on the spring again on the river doing the same thing !!!!! " remember his apology" lol .....lol. Let's wait & see !!!!! Hope he gets at least a big fine & 5-10yrs ban on fishing !!!!!!

it will be interesting to see the out come of this case..

this could happen..

I think his lawyer told him to say , the muskie was deeply hooked and was dead or dying anyways, the law says you have to put it back in the lake and I did, now.. I did bat it into the water with a paddle and cursed it for being a walleye eating piece of crap. but does hitting a dead fish or cursing a dead fish break any laws, does being a jerk break any laws...I rest my case

I hope the judge can see through the crap and relay on the video as proof and not later statements

This guy will be forever judged in the publics eye. By anglers, hunters, conservationists and every person who saw the video, which I bet is in the tens of thousands. Heck I bet even his friends will not want to be around this guy. Lets hope he is punished severely under the law, but nonetheless, his life has changed FOREVER!!!

This, in my opinion, is far worse than almost anything the legal system can do.

what a wuss...all tough out on the water, really expressed his true opinion. Now the heat is on? Starts to lie. Be true to who you are. You think muskies are a piece of cr@p fish? Now you have a forum with an audience to try and convince us they should be eliminated. Instead, because he might get a fine or other punishment he abandons his true beliefs and turtles like a little schoolgirl.

A suspension of a fishing license is a joke. Drunks regularly drive while under suspension, some one like this JDMG (jerkbutt duffus moronic goof) is going to fish licensed or not. What ever he gets will be a slap on the wrist, if he gets even convicted, probably not. If he gets anything I think it should be this. He has to get up in front of around 100 members of Musky's Canada and members of OFHA and a few of us and have him go through what he did in detail. I have to add that the bar will be open and free for a few hours before he gets up there and before he does we show the video a few times as well as his stupid apology that went on TV after he realized he was a gonner. That I want to see.

Edited by Old Ironmaker