tb4me

I guess Fredrik Andersen showed us all why he is 43 in the league in save %...

Good on the Leafs if they can keep allowing 40 plus shots a game and get less than 30 and still win....didn`t we read this book last year???

There's a big difference between shots on net and scoring chances.. Take all the shots you want from the boards, they aren't going in.

Still playing that shots from the boards card thingy eh Bill....well lets hope the other teams keep skating to the neutral zone and to the half boards and flip the the puck to Bernier..... :santa: ....we`ll see how it plays out...but I do know that in most sports giving more than your getting is usually not a good game plan!!!

Still playing that shots from the boards card thingy eh Bill....well lets hope the other teams keep skating to the neutral zone and to the half boards and flip the the puck to Bernier..... :santa: ....we`ll see how it plays out...but I do know that in most sports giving more than your getting is usually not a good game plan!!!

It's not a card thingy, it's the truth. Scoring chances is the important stat here, not shots on goal. I think that's been proven don't ya think? :)

I would like to point out the fact that yes, they gave up 40 shots to the best team in the NHL. And Yes they have done that a few times, but its still a major improvement over last year.

They played detroit saturday and held them to 27? shots...Yes its still a concern absolutely, but they have definitely improved, and once again ill reiterate, good goal tending and the best offense in the league is nothing to complain about.

Do i think they will win the cup? no...but neither will any other canadian team.

Its like saying that Montreal doesn't rely on Price...Every team has its flaws, some far less than others, but by no means is Montreal perfect either...They stand no chance in the playoffs either until they gain some strength and size, because every time they hit the 2nd and 3rd round they are so beat up they gas out.

What do you expect from guys that wear turtle necks

Edited by AKRISONER

Of course teams rely on goal tending thanks for pointing out the obvious...don`t rely want to argue but I will stand by my belief that if you are constanly outshot and spend more time in your end than the opposition end the long term result is likely not going to be good, and that has nothing to do with turtlenecks!!!

And I will surely not argue with Bill cause I don`t think Bill has ever lost an argument!!!.... :whistling: :whistling: :rofl2: :rofl2: !!!

Enjoy your day boys it`s all in fun....I really don`t take any of this too seriously!!!

Tell that to Bozak and Fredrik Andersen. :D

LOL!! When a goalie gets your number, there's nothing you can do :)

lookinforwalleye: I get your point, but you gotta remember who we played lastnight, probably the best team in the entire league. Now if we're giving up 40 shots against a team like Ottawa, I might be forced to start cheering for the Habs! :)

Edited by BillM

LOL!! When a goalie gets your number, there's nothing you can do :)

lookinforwalleye: I get your point, but you gotta remember who we played lastnight, probably the best team in the entire league. Now if we're giving up 40 shots against a team like Ottawa, I might be forced to start cheering for the Habs! :)

Okay Bill...I knew we could get you to come over to the dark side....November 9th...Ottawa out shoots Toronto 41-30 but in typical fashion the Leafs still manage to win!!! :clapping:

11 shots over 3 periods, very very meh. Especially when you are up in the 3rd...you can expect to get shot on more as you play more defensively and less on the attack.

pretty sure the waiver wire lasts 48 hours? (correct me if im wrong)

If someone is looking for some PK help they will scoop him up. Ill be surprised if he makes the marlies.

Bill loving this run,still hate to see the shot count so high.Kinda reminding me of last year,mind you a bit more talented,and the shots off the boards? :tease::dunno: .Maybe two a night if your lucky :lol: .They should grab a defensive player or two.I have changed my thought on the BIG forward,but the defence will kill us long term.IMO.

Of course teams rely on goal tending thanks for pointing out the obvious...don`t rely want to argue but I will stand by my belief that if you are constanly outshot and spend more time in your end than the opposition end the long term result is likely not going to be good, and that has nothing to do with turtlenecks!!!

And I will surely not argue with Bill cause I don`t think Bill has ever lost an argument!!!.... :whistling: :whistling: :rofl2: :rofl2: !!!

Enjoy your day boys it`s all in fun....I really don`t take any of this too seriously!!!

Correct me if im wrong but......Didnt your Habs beat LA 6-2 last week being out shot 45-19? Wont be long before our Leafs are busting by the sideways toilet seats..GO Leafs Go!

My oh my, how cocky the laffites get when the laffs string together a few wins. Must have been the 48 years of sucking that gives them the rose colored glasses :rofl2:

With 21 of their 31 games at home and the back half of the season loaded with away games it's a recipe for another monumental collapse of biblical proportions.

The table is set, now to just wait the the goods to be served!

:worthy::clapping::whistling:

Bill loving this run,still hate to see the shot count so high.Kinda reminding me of last year,mind you a bit more talented,and the shots off the boards? :tease::dunno: .Maybe two a night if your lucky :lol: .They should grab a defensive player or two.I have changed my thought on the BIG forward,but the defence will kill us long term.IMO.

I'd like a little more on defense as well, but I think the depth of the team and the neutral zone play we've had so far has really helped with that. I think all the D men are playing good, especially Franson.

My oh my, how cocky the laffites get when the laffs string together a few wins. Must have been the 48 years of sucking that gives them the rose colored glasses :rofl2:

With 21 of their 31 games at home and the back half of the season loaded with away games it's a recipe for another monumental collapse of biblical proportions.

The table is set, now to just wait the the goods to be served!

:worthy::clapping::whistling:

You forgot to include the 'Home' games in Ottawa, you should probably just count those as 'Away' games for your Senoritas as you're out done in the crowds by a 5 to 1 margin..

I'd tell you to just cheer for your own team, but you've got absolutely NOTHING to cheer about :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: