tb4me

Lots of pivotal games last night and between TSN (5 channels) and Sportsnet (3 channels) all but one game was blacked out..... :wallbash:

The NHL is afraid that if they lift blackouts in Ontario no one will watch the Leafs anymore. Go figure....

I dont mind the Leafs not being in the playoffs it cuts into my fishing time in a big way..I do however like that they are guaranteed a top 5 draft pick..So they can either move up to first with the lotto or drop down to 5th..Right now they get the 4th pick..If a team behind them wins the lottery we drop down to 5th.. The 4th pick will most likely be Strome..The kid out scored McDavid this year for Erie. Mind you McDavid had 3 weeks off with a broken hand.. Cant wait for April 18th to find out who the NHL gives the pick to..Lets face there is no actual lottery. I heard that if Pittsburgh looses their last game not only are they out but fall into a lottery position..Id puke of they some how win and get McDavid..

The Penguins better not win the lottery again. Is that possible?

So, I was wondering what other Leaf fans were thinking if Edmonton picked Strome instead of Hanifin? Do they pick Hanifin or go to the next centre man available.

I had a big thought on that.

I'm worried because I think if I'm Edmonton I bluff that I'm picking Strome, and why wouldn't they? If I'm Toronto I try to make a deal with Edmonton to swap picks after the order is determined. If Toronto can make a deal to get Edmontons pick and keep theirs I go for broke with that. Try to offer a defensive package maybe? I dunno.

Also Edmonton has pittsburghs pick. They could get McDavid and Strome. That would be horrible.

Edited by jeremy84

I dont mind the Leafs not being in the playoffs it cuts into my fishing time in a big way..I do however like that they are guaranteed a top 5 draft pick..So they can either move up to first with the lotto or drop down to 5th..Right now they get the 4th pick..If a team behind them wins the lottery we drop down to 5th.. The 4th pick will most likely be Strome..The kid out scored McDavid this year for Erie. Mind you McDavid had 3 weeks off with a broken hand.. Cant wait for April 18th to find out who the NHL gives the pick to..Lets face there is no actual lottery. I heard that if Pittsburgh looses their last game not only are they out but fall into a lottery position..Id puke of they some how win and get McDavid..

Pittsburgh traded their 1st round to Edmonton for Perron so it would be Edmontons pick

I heard that if Pittsburgh looses their last game not only are they out but fall into a lottery position..Id puke of they some how win and get McDavid..

Every team that misses the playoffs participates in the draft. However, the odds of winning vary from 20% for the last place team to 1% for the best team to miss the playoffs.

So there is a very slight chance that Pittsburg could miss the playoffs and win the lottery; but that pick has been traded to Edmonton.

There is a 9.5% chance of Toronto winning; 45% of Toronto keeping the fourth pick (Buffalo, Arizona, or Edmonton win the lottery); and a 45.5% chance that Toronto drops to fifth.

Congrats Sens. Nice to have the kings and Bruins out. There will be some good canadian playoff hockey!

Boston is not quite done yet. It is between them and Pittsburg for the last spot. I think it is a long shot for Boston because they need to beat Tampa, who still have a shot at the division title; and Pittsburg would need to lose in regulation time against Buffalo.