tb4me

Glad Ottawa took this one. Congrats to them all. :)

Nail biting on the edge of the seat game for sure. Our whole house exploded on the winning goal. Very exciting and looks like it will only get better. I'm still hoping for some playoff action but won't be too disappointed if they don't make it. It's been a tonne of fun to watch.

What is Hammond now, like 18-1-2?

Incredible

Stone is a machine!!

So interesting thought, let's say you are the leafs, or any team for that matter. You win the draft lottery and pick McDavid. Then Pittsburgh approaches you and says 'Crosby for McDavid' 1 for 1. Do you do the trade?

Absolutely.. Crosby is proven, McDavid is not.. You want the potential of another Alexandre Daigle on your hands?

Edited by BillM

Never in a million years. Sid's best years are behind him and all the injuries he's too fragile to take the risk on if you don't have the proper cast surrounding him, mcdavid has shown he can score and make plays while back checking and has many more years ahead

I would still take that potential upside in mcdavid. He's been the best at every level he's played at thus far and many GM's and analysts have stated he has a better hockey IQ on the ice than sid does

So interesting thought, let's say you are the leafs, or any team for that matter. You win the draft lottery and pick McDavid. Then Pittsburgh approaches you and says 'Crosby for McDavid' 1 for 1. Do you do the trade?

I woundn't. Crosby alone isn't going to transform the Leafs into a contender. They will still need a few years to rebuild. By then Crosby will be on the downside of his career while McDavid will be approaching his peak.

Now, if the 1/100 chance that the 17th place team gets the pick then I would make the trade because he just may take the team deep into the playoffs... assuming that they have the cap space.