tb4me

Id love to get Mcdavid or Eichal (sp)? Bottom 5 go into the lottery..I say let the sens pass the leafs..Get in that lotto! Whats the rest of this year to get a top 5 pick this spring? Id be ok with that..
Rumor has it that Nunas and Shanny had a very loud argument between the second and third last night..Nunas is on his way out im thinking

Id love to get Mcdavid or Eichal (sp)? Bottom 5 go into the lottery..I say let the sens pass the leafs..Get in that lotto! Whats the rest of this year to get a top 5 pick this spring? Id be ok with that..

Rumor has it that Nunas and Shanny had a very loud argument between the second and third last night..Nunas is on his way out im thinking

Hearing a major rebuild,has to be done,even if it's the 40th time or so lol.Seriously it's so sad even I have to laff. :w00t:

And the annual January slide into oblivion is now well under way. Man, I hate being a Leafs fan. They love to give us just enough to get our hopes up, like climbing into the wild card spot for a month or so, and then - OH SORRY - we forgot we're not supposed to win. Here, watch us lose the next 12 of 15 games. It will never change. I was born 2 years after they won their last cup. They will probably win their next one 2 years after I'm gone.

I grew up in a split household. Father's side of the family were all Leafs fans so that was what was on TV in our house. However, we lived close to my grandparents on my mothers side. They were Habs fans all the way (French Canadian), and we spent a lot of time over there .... many weekends spent lying on the floor in my grandfather's living room watching the French broadcast of the Habs game. So - my hockey loyalty is a bit schizophrenic from birth. It's nice to have a back-up team to root for! So, yes, it's possible to be BOTH a leafs fan and a Habs fan!!!

My son - 8 years old - has unfortunately inherited this schizophrenia. For youth hockey, they are allowed to wear any jersey they want for practices. Last Christmas he asked for a customized Leafs jersey (his name and number on the back) from the NHL shop. This year he asked for a Habs jersey. He wears one on Tuesday night practices and the other on Thursday night practices!!

Firing Randy worked wonders. I'll reserve further comment after the end of their season.First things first though. I'll wait to hear what all the hockey.........er, rather.... leaf experts have to say on how to fix this sordid, shameful mess and never ending colossal disaster. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Firing Randy worked wonders. I'll reserve further comment after the end of their season.First things first though. I'll wait to hear what all the hockey.........er, rather.... leaf experts have to say on how to fix this sordid, shameful mess and never ending colossal disaster. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

That's like asking OFC to come up with a fix for Target... Actually, that would be easier. LOL

Once again I will boldly predict the same thing I have predicted every year for the past eight or nine seasons.

The Leafs will play like crazy in October and November, and probably hold first place at some point before Christmas (when it doesn't really matter). But come the new year, the injuries will begin, play will slump, inexperience will show and once again they will finish the season by watching the playoffs on TV. But they will play well enough in the dying days of the season to ensure they don't even get a decent draft pick. And Leaf fans will all say, wow, did you see how they got it together at the end? Next year, baby, next year!!

Sound familiar? It should, because that's exactly what has happened every year since Ed Belfour was in net. Is that now 10 years and counting?

There - I said it (again). Let the flaming begin.

I've generally been keeping my nose out of this thread. 86 pages long and I think this is my third or fourth post.

Back on September 8, I predicted the Leafs would play great in the fall, tank in January and be playing golf by April. I was right about their solid performance early in the season, and so far it looks like they're tanking right on schedule. I still maintain they once again finish the season by watching the playoffs on TV ... I guess we'll know by April 1.

Predicting this team's fortunes is so easy that even a child could do it.

Firing Carlyle will accomplish nothing. Getting new players will do nothing. The Loafs have been firing coaches and signing new players pretty much continuously since 1967. And how many cups have they won in that time?

Precisely.

The problem, sorry to say, is Leaf Nation.

As long as Leaf fans continue to blindly support a perpetual loser and keep flooding the owners with money by buying jerseys and hats and stupid car flags and t-shirts and all sorts of other blue-and-white crap, ownership has zero incentive to change a formula that is already bringing in more money than they can possibly count. Blind loyalty by fans has been the basic problem for the past 45 years.

Nothing will ever change until people stop buying all that stuff, stop giving them money, and send a real message that this just isn't good enough.

Otherwise, there will be no parade up Yonge Street.

Today is January 18 and I will boldly predict ... in the 2015/2016 season, Leafs will be on a tear by November, tanking uncontrollably by February and playing golf by April. Sorry to those who really like the team, but you can take it to the bank.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

I've generally been keeping my nose out of this thread. 86 pages long and I think this is my third or fourth post.

Back on September 8, I predicted the Leafs would play great in the fall, tank in January and be playing golf by April. I was right about their solid performance early in the season, and so far it looks like they're tanking right on schedule. I still maintain they once again finish the season by watching the playoffs on TV ... I guess we'll know by April 1.

Firing Carlyle will accomplish nothing. Getting new players will do nothing. The Loafs have been firing coaches and signing new players pretty much continuously since 1967. And how many cups have they won in that time?

Precisely.

As long as Leaf fans continue to blindly support a perpetual loser and keep flooding the owners with money by buying jerseys and hats and stupid car flags and t-shirts and all sorts of other blue-and-white crap, ownership has zero incentive to change a formula that is already bringing in more money than they can possibly count. Blind loyalty by fans has been the basic problem for the past 45 years.

Nothing will ever change until people stop buying all that stuff, stop giving them money, and send a real message that this just isn't good enough.

Today is January 18 and I will boldly predict ... in the 2015/2016 season, Leafs will be on a tear by November, tanking uncontrollably by February and playing golf by April. Sorry to those who really like the team, but you can take it to the bank.

BAM!

All you non leaf fans crack me up..You all criticize them but never really come up with any sort of a real solution.Spew all you want its ok just sounds like verbal diarrhea .You don't want to know what that's called?
Ill always be a Leaf fan thick or thin..But most importantly Ill always be a hockey fan..Shanny has some work to do.. this is where it gets exciting.. Im hearing Jake and Bozak and a 2nd round pick (2016) for Ryan Oreily .. There's the #1 center were looking for..FWIW I would pull he trigger on that deal anyday..

Precisely.

there must be a scratch on your record there Craig.. you're repeating yourself...lol

All you non leaf fans crack me up..You all criticize them but never really come up with any sort of a real solution.Spew all you want its ok just sounds like verbal diarrhea .You don't want to know what that's called?

Ill always be a Leaf fan thick or thin..But most importantly Ill always be a hockey fan..Shanny has some work to do.. this is where it gets exciting.. Im hearing Jake and Bozak and a 2nd round pick (2016) for Ryan Oreily .. There's the #1 center were looking for..FWIW I would pull he trigger on that deal anyday..

I guess you would...and what is the facination with O'Reilly guy has had 1 good year and he is a minus player....having said that I doubt very much you will get him for what your hearing...

How about Kessel to Nashville for Seth Jones and a 1st round pick? :whistling: