Burlington Skyway Closed (its fishing related :) )

spincast

I remember that year Rich what a PITA that drive was. Are you heading north tomorrow the 2nd or the next week the 9th? We're at Memquisit starting the 9th so I'm hoping things will be relatively normal by then but we come thru very early to get north of 400 before the traffic gets too bad. We'll be at the border by 5:00AM

Leaving early tomorrow morning. I won't be hitting the border until somewhere around 9:30am / 10:00am.

Leaving early tomorrow morning. I won't be hitting the border until somewhere around 9:30am / 10:00am.

Might be better for you to hit the road much earlier Rich, this is a long weekend up here and there'll be LOTS of folks travelling the highways. Fred's got the right idea of getting thru that stretch of road VERY early.

an aside, rosehill construction can't get lucky....

concreate goes under....bonds called on all mto jobs....

restructures to be rosehill construction, gets all the contracts to complete the jobs that concreate failed.....including this bridge.

a drunk idiot drives into their construction project....causing huge issues beyond what the newspapers are reporting.

some companies just have bad luck.

Might be better for you to hit the road much earlier Rich, this is a long weekend up here and there'll be LOTS of folks travelling the highways. Fred's got the right idea of getting thru that stretch of road VERY early.

Add to that, it's also Caribanna weekend & it's gonna be busy @ the border as well. If I was you, I'd be doing like many others have suggested and change your travel times to earlier morning.

My buddy who lives in St.Catharines and works in Hamilton said it took him over 2hrs to get into work today.. And he didn't even have to cross the bridge.

I was planning on going down there this weekend, but not anymore.

Edited by BillM

your right Lew.

it even goes further.

if your a boater in the harbour, due to the traffic issues, they are only raising the lift bridge once an hour....and this, I understand, is 24 hours a day.

So if you use the lift bridge launch, and want to fish lake ontario, and cannot get underneath the bridge, you'll have to wait to the "once an hour" lift....

in the past it would be lifted as needed...which could be as much as five-six times an hour.

as a result, many boats are going to be waiting a long time to get out of the harbour....

if you are a boater that can't fit underneath, maybe it would be best to find a new launch for this weekend.

as a result, many boats are going to be waiting a long time to get out of the harbour..

Just a guess here Steve, but I imagine any big freighters will get priority over pleasure craft passing through there.

they actually were filming a big freighter moving through the canal when the OPP was being interviewed.

the copper mentioned the port authority is aware of the time per hour of the lift and will be advising the freighters accordingly.

it would be nice if they post the time per hour of the lift so the rec boaters aren't guessing when it'll be.

Giving serious consideration of leaving tonite and driving straight through to hit the area around daybreak. Just gotta stay awake

I would suggest that may be a good idea, you will lose at least two hours probably more if you hit the area anytime after 6 am.

Rich, If I was you I'd run up to Niagara or even St Catherines tonight. Then get up at 4:00 or so and blow through the before the poop hits the fan tomorrow. The delays this type of thing causes brings out the very best in drivers :sarcasm:

Regardless of what you do, hope it works out for the best and good luck on the trip.

WOW!!!!

One of a ton of roads is closed and mass hysteria ensues!!!! :tease: :tease: :tease:

Our one and only road back to civilization has been closed more than open over the last month due to a 1.6 million acre fire!! :wallbash:

So far today it has been open for 2 hours and 20 minutes. :(

This would be the road that all of our food and supplies come up on.