Back yard fishing. No boat launch required,& a OPP visit.

misfish

As everyone here knows,Simcoe/KBay is at my back door. :worthy: I can drive 5 minutes to 15 minutes from my door and be on the water anywhere where there is parking and a place to get the float boat in. :dunno:

Today,s forecast weather was, rain and possible thunder storms.So I decided to hit a spot not to far away that I have,nt hit in many years since I had my bass boat. It was a bit of a flip and row to get there, but I managed to make it and catch 6-8 smallies. Worth it for the exercise. Most were like 2 pounds,fun non the less.. Nice to see. Lots of unattended beds. That was nice to see as well. Done their job for another spawning season.

As for the weather call, well it was off. Just clouds and a light SSE breeze. They were calling for SSW when I looked this morning.

So a bit of a search with the spinner bait and found some.

This one was a total surprise. I was just flipping away, with the rod down, with the tip of the rod just hanging out past the pontoon ,and the lure was out about 3 ft. It came up and crushed it.. Silly bass. LOL

After about 2 hours of throwing tubes and spinner baits,I headed to deep waters to try some jigg,n for lakers or white fish. NADA. Finder screen was white from 60 fow out to 100 fow. Some bait clouds at 40 fow. Tried jigging that depth,but again,NADA.

Played with a ton of small perch at the 50 fow mark. Boy, there were lots of them.. Jig would just get to the bottom and tink,fish on. Crazy numbers.

OH OH OPP coming. Throw the joint away. :w00t: J/K,I dont do that crap. :P

As I was heading in,I see this large vessel coming at me. Ok,does he see me :w00t: . YUP, he see,s me. It was the OPP. They pull a side my toon and ask for my fishing lic. Then they ask some questions. Do you have a sounding device. Yes,i have my whistle. Do you have 50 ft of floating rope. I say I have 50 ft of rope here in my side pouch. It,s my anchor rope. Not good enough apparently. I need a rope that,s not attached to my anchor. No worries sir,I will get that. I had my inflatable PFD on and he commended me for having it on.

It was nice to see them out and after our talk,they were on their way and I was left to enjoy the rest of my morning fish.

I wish I had the cam going, while they were talking to me,I got a hit on the rod and reeled up a perch. They said dinner? I said,nope. Back it went. LOL

Another adventurous day in the hood.. :D

Side note here

I did get a nice compliment from the mrs,s yesterday.

Your looking slim and trim again my dear. :blush:

TY my dear.

Guess I owe you a dinner now. :D

the way I read it, If everyone on board is wearing a lifejacket or a PFD of appropriate size, you are only required to carry :

1) a sound-signalling device; and

2) a watertight flashlight if the boat is used after sunset or before sunrise or in periods of restricted visibility

looks like another fine day on the water

http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/marinesafety/TP-511e.pdf?campaign=Twitter%20-%20en&WT.mc_id=vryag

The laws don't always keep up with progress... or logic.

I thought I saw something about inflatable life jackets not being valid in canoes/kayaks. I would be illegal wearing an inflatable in my canoe but legal with a regular one stuffed under a seat.

I've been debating whether or not I replace my cylinder for my inflatable lifejacket when it expires. I always have a regular pfd in the boat for me anyway (so I'm still legal when/if I take off the inflatable). It's not so much the cost to replace the cartridge, but more throwing out something that is still in perfectly good working order.

The floating throw rope is such a joke. Have you ever tried throwing the one that comes in the orange kits? Good luck with that! My anchor rope is 100x better, and thats what I would use if I needed one.

S.

Dont turn this in to a pissing match with the laws. It,s a friggen rope that I need. Big deal. I,ll have one for my next outing.

Sounds like your really enjoying your summer Brian !!

Thanks Lew.

Im having a great summer. Soon fall salmon and steel head will be here. Lots of walking. :clapping: and :Gonefishing: I hope.

The floating throw rope is such a joke. Have you ever tried throwing the one that comes in the orange kits? Good luck with that! My anchor rope is 100x better, and thats what I would use if I needed one.

S.

The ones in those kits are crappy but you can spend a few more $ and get a good one. I don't thing cost cutting on safety gear is a good idea.

They pulled up to me too, headed in after a long morning by myself in my motorized canoe. All they did was say hello and check for alcohol, gosh it was only 11am lol. Anywho they were very polite an I was on my way after that

Good to know that an anchor rope doesn't count as a throwing rope. I'm seriously considering getting a float tube for next season...There's a few harbours I'd love to try getting towed around by staging salmon next fall.LOL

I never could keep you two straight.

0.jpg

Thats too funny,it almost makes sense. :rofl2:

I'm seriously considering getting a float tube for next season...There's a few harbours I'd love to try getting towed around by staging salmon next fall.LOL

Mike,you will have a blast in it.

Glad the fuzz didn't confiscate your fun Brian. :w00t:

Drew,this guy was great. At no time was I worried about him taking or telling me to get off the water. He was cool with everything else I had.

Made up a nice holder for the rods today. These toons are a little different for setting up for fishing. The oars seem to effect most of the sides. But think I,ll be good.

Edited by Misfish

Very Nice Mr. B! Those video clips are a real nice touch too! Thanks for that.

Is that you? Is that really you? The other MR.B? LOL

Good to hear from you ole friend.

And thank you MR.B.

Been a great fishing year..

Having fun.

Edited by Misfish