2014 20ft Ranger with a 250, I wish BUT

misfish

Man would I ever love to have one of them. They are so sweet looking and soooooooooo fast.

BUT

I know that aint going to happen

SO

I went with this little gem. :rofl2::rofl2::tease::oops:

Step up from the tube,and my feet will be a lot warmer during the early spring fishing and those late fall ones.

006_zps9d035f1e.jpg

005_zpsb92f30d7.jpg

Now to start re rigging this one. :Gonefishing:

Thanks for the great deal Nipfisher.

BTW

My parents thought you were a very nice North Bay boy. :canadian:

Edited by Misfish

Honestly?

I don't get the tube thing nor these rigs.

If you can't manage a tinny with a 9.8, why not use a canoe? Way more practical. No?

What's the deal :dunno:

Possibly more practical in the fact that you can just take it off the roof your car, throw it in the water and go. But inflatable boats are so stable compared to a canoe that I could NEVER go back to fishing in a canoe after getting my inflatable boat. I can literally stand on the edge of the tube and the boat won't flip and barely even goes deeper into the water (I'm 250lbs). Try doing that in a canoe. And I've had mine long enough now that I can set it up and have the motor strapped on and be ready to fish in about 20min (I have a high speed 12V pump). I'm sure with these float tubes and whatever this is called (sorry don't know what people call these things) that time is probably cut in half considering there's less to setup.

Canoes have their ups. They glide through the water easier, they're silent and they're nice to relax on, but I almost get the same sense of serenity when I have my electric trolling motor on my inflatable.

These things are fun

they force you to slow down and fish smarter

I have a port-a-bote a 18 ft lund and one of them, they are fun

your statement is like saying to bikers, why do you ride a bike when a BMW is way better, even a smart car or ford is more practical

Edited by Terry

Honestly?

I don't get the tube thing nor these rigs.

If you can't manage a tinny with a 9.8, why not use a canoe? Way more practical. No?

What's the deal :dunno:

Well let me tell ya a story here. LOL

I have had boats of many types. Tinnys (4 of them) Last one being a 14 ft deep sylvan that I had all rigged out for bass fishing and down rigg,n. Owned Ranger Bass boat for 4 yrs and a Bayliner cuddy for two.. I had a truck to tow and spot to keep all these boats at one time. The bayliner I was paying alot to keep it stored. I had to pay cuz we moved into a condo 6 years ago. I have thought of getting a sports pal or a yak,but no place to keep it.

These float about boats/tubes deflate and can be packed away in a corner pretty much. Both my float tube and my new to me pontoon,fit in the back seat of my Dodge Avenger. My trunk is a traveling tackle box. I can hit anyone spot and fish any fish. Well almost. I need to add musky gear.LOL

I can leave any given morning,go for a drive and come upon a fishing hole. Stop,pull out the rig,blow it up, grab a couple of rods, a plano box that has baits that will work for this spot,and bobs your uncle. Both rigs I can have set up and in the water in 15 minutes. 12volt pump makes it that fast.

The best part of the whole experience of being on the water with these,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Words cant explain it. You just have to get out there in them and experience it for yourself.

May not be for eveyone,but they work for me, and I have a blast fishing from them.

Hope that helps with your question.

I have had boats of many types. Tinnys (4 of them) Last one being a 14 ft deep sylvan that I had all rigged out for bass fishing and down rigg,n. Owned Ranger Bass boat for 4 yrs and a Bayliner cuddy for two.. I had a truck to tow and spot to keep all these boats at one time. The bayliner I was paying alot to keep it stored. I had to pay cuz we moved into a condo 6 years ago. I have thought of getting a sports pal or a yak,but no place to keep it.

These float about boats/tubes deflate and can be packed away in a corner pretty much. Both my float tube and my new to me pontoon,fit in the back seat of my Dodge Avenger. My trunk is a traveling tackle box. I can hit anyone spot and fish any fish. Well almost. I need to add musky gear.LOL

I can leave any given morning,go for a drive and come upon a fishing hole. Stop,pull out the rig,blow it up, grab a couple of rods, a plano box that has baits that will work for this spot,and bobs your uncle. Both rigs I can have set up and in the water in 15 minutes. 12volt pump makes it that fast.

The best part of the whole experience of being on the water with these,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Words cant explain it. You just have to get out there in them and experience it for yourself.

May not be for eveyone,but they work for me, and I have a blast fishing from them.

Very cool and great explanation.

Not only that but you can add running white water in the toon's too.

They are a great river fishing tool. Try floating the Credit, Saugeen or Ganny in a tinny!!! :whistling:

It's a loner kinda fishing.

I usually fish with a buddy.

Nope,I have a good buddy that has the one up model and fishes with me a ton.

015_zpsc7aef915.jpg

Is it able to take some rubbing on small rocks in shallow?

Like Dave said Bernie.

I would sooner fish the rivers and creeks with this then my other tube. I still love the tube. I thought I had a buyer,just waiting to hear back. If not,Im reconcidering and going to keep it.

It's got to be great exercise.

This model,I am able to still flipper my way around and also have the oars to use. I have lost almost 13 pounds this year so far from all the fishing I have been doing in the tube. This will only help more.

Edited by Misfish

they force you to slow down and fish smarter

We talked about this this morning. It,s very true.

You dont just cruise by with a trolling motor buzzing and keep fishing. You work the area a lot more and pic it apart. We can do a full 360 with a wave of a flipper, and cast in all directions. Thats the cool part. Fan casting 360. Shallow and deep.

Don't see any out here but they sure look like fun. I probably waste 1 to 1.5 hours just hooking up my trailer, prepping the boat, electronics, fenders, taking of the mooring cover etc. Then putting her in and talking her out and parking it, cover back on etc. Big boats have there advantages and vise versa. Never have to wax an inflatable anything.