Lake Nipissing map needed

Briant

Lol someone on here told me to buy the lake map that it was the "best $20 you will ever spend" My Navionics + chip is pretty detailed for Nipissing, with 1' contour lines. I just need a basic lake map so I write notes, mark spots, and such to go along with what's on my graph. Thanks :)

I've got one hanging on the wall of my garage and spend many hours staring at it and day dreaming thru the long cold winters :lol:

I probably have the same map. It has conturs of the water depths I believe. Nothing charted electronically that I am aware of. The water west of 64 has not been charted - likewise the French has never been charted. I purchased MapCreate for Canada a number of years ago and created my own map, but the best this can be used for is basic navigation. All I have is the contours of the shore-line - rough contourns mind you. I only use it for to mark specific trails and waypoints and such. Nothing for depths or what is lying under the surface. I think the map the others are talking about would be your best choice for the un-charted water up there.

will have to check my map but pretty sure they have depths for waters west of 64.

-just checked and yup, contours going past Monetville Arm to the Cut and beyond. Reminds me I should buy another copy and laminate it for the wall, other one is a folded up mess

Edited by woodenboater

Man, I'd sure like to see a small screen capture or photo of the area that you're talking about because I have never heard of any West Arm maps showing depths. Feel free to PM or email me a tiny portion of this map. Or even the provenance of this map would help. Thanks.

We used to get all of our topographical maps for Nippissing when we had the cottage at Bear Creek. We bought them at The Canada Center for Inland Waters. They are right below the James Allen Skyway Bridge in Hamilton. I need to find out because apparently every time I leave the dock here I'm in violation of Marine law not having a hard copy of the east end of Erie. I can I.D. landmarks like the hydro stacks and US Steel here but now with all the wind turbines everywhere else looks the same. The online maps I've seen aren't very good. Anyone have a site for good maps of Ontario and Erie? Sorry for the thread hi-jack.

Thanks for the reminder.