North Caribou Lake - A Mecca For Trophy Pike & Walleye!

solopaddler

Stellar, as always.Thanks for putting it all together. Reading your and Moosebunk's reports is like building a fishing travel book - 100 fishing destinations to strive for. I honestly don't know how you get the time to do all these trips, and find the locations. Looking forward to the next Mike and Bill show - they always seem to have some unique experiences in the mix. Enjoy the trip guys.

Wow that Ashweig's a nice looking river were you able to wade some stretches as well? Oh I know wait for the report, F5 F5

Some stretches for sure. We tried to get out of the boat as much as possible.

As always mike you never disappoint!!! For you to say this was your best fly in ever speaks for itself. I've been following your trips via your reports and I must say you're living the dream! Congrats to you and your family on an epic adventure! Hope to have an opportunity in the near future to visit north caribou myself. Again thanks for the report and pics!

Bill

You'd think with those horseshoes sticking out of his butt sitting would be too painful!! :rofl2:

Harold everyone is the master of their own destiny. :)

I'm working feverishly on the report, for the moment I posted a couple of VERY cool videos on my facebook page.

I searched up your videos on Facebook (sent you a friend request by the way) and was impressed with your video taking skills .... they are much improved ;)

Catching big pike is awesome .... catching big walleye is even better ..... but catching a giant brook trout with vibrant colors from a crystal clear river in the far wilds of Northern Ontario - now THAT is something special.

Well done and thanks for sharing the adventure with us.

• 4 weeks later...