Let's just say a prayer!

Big Cliff

For the motorcycle cop that hit a goose on the 400/11 extension this morning. Last I heard he was in serious condition in Sunnybrook with his family by his side.

I came onto the carnage minutes after it happened, there wasn't much left of the bike! He is an experienced motorcycle officer and a member of their Golden Helmets.

Wishing him and his family all the best and hopfully a full recovery!

It was a busy day in this neck of the woods today.

I thought it was living in the city!

Must have had 8 EMS vehicles FLY by my house today.

Speed limit is 50, and I swear just after the goose insident, there was an OPP cruiser going at least 160 by my house...

I didn't watch the news till tonight to find out what was up...

Something else must have happened in the hood. Because around 1pm, elmvale fire came bombing by as well..

I hope the guy is ok, and makes a quick, full recovery

I've had a 2 wheeled, licenced vehicle for the last 20 years, and I don't see the point of the OPP riding bikes, they are dangerous and those Harleys have no advantages compared to a standard cop car, if he was in a crown vic, it would be a crack in the windshield, that's it

I guess what I am saying, is the toys (motorbikes) should come on their own time and on their own dime

regardless, I hope he is fine

Edited by chris.brock

He is stable but lost his leg.

He wasn't on patrol hr was headed to Orillia for training with the ceremonial motor cycle unit

Glad to hear that he will survive. When I saw the bike it was in the South bound lane, no wonder it was such a mess, it must have gone over the guard rail!

Just heard on the news that there was another bike accident right in the same area again today. Another goose perhaps?