So much fun...someone bring me another boat...

irishfield

NOT ! :w00t:

Many of you asked for pictures...so here they are....

Spent about 7 hours this afternoon putting my Pursuit tracks on the boat. Arms are cut to hell from working thru a 6 inch, non-debured, speaker hole and trying to get washers and nuts into tight spots between gunnel and reinforcing plates below them. Managed not to drill into any hydraulic steering lines while drilling 40 holes in my new boat. First hole took a LOT of "thinking" about it first...the next 39 went quick.

Laying stuff out before hand

lundpursuit1.jpg

Making sure the prop wash is accessible... (and if it doesn't work I'll make up a track on a seat pedestal for the back casting deck)

lundpursuit3.jpg

Lunds lack of QC pays off this round. They forgot to screw my port rod holder tubes into place...made it easier to access back side of bolts. I also determined while I had it pulled out that all the rod tubes could have been at least 18 inches longer. Right now I can only put a 7' rod in there...but I'll be modifying that so I can put in at least 8' 6".

lundpursuit2.jpg

Time for the first hole..

lundpursuit4.jpg

and no turning back now!

lundpursuit5.jpg

Great having a big metal shear around to make up alum backing plates quick.

lundpursuit6.jpg

Arm starting to get a tad sore..

lundpursuit7.jpg

Think I got most things covered for planer mast and rigging.

lundpursuit9.jpg

Mounted the planer mast at the lake last week and I have retreiver lines/pulleys with the tie offs that I mounted onto a removable plate that goes in the pursuit tracks, so we can pull the planer line in to the back of the boat to add lines/clips easily.

Lundplanermast.jpg

Bought a couple hand line reel brackets with another purpose in mind

lundpursuita.jpg

Shore lunch without leaving the boat! Just not sure if it will stay lite at 60 MPH !

lundpursuitb.jpg

lundpursuitc.jpg

Probably another 1/2 day to make up some quick pins on the stove/grill, to modify the propane feed line and to clean up a few other things. Then back to work on some income earning things to pay for all this sheeet so I can get out and enjoy it in a few weeks.

:blahblah1:

Edited by irishfield

Goes along with FISH Paul !

And Mike...no thanks.

Still working on a name for the boat...Ronnie took "Decissions..Decissions" 'cause he couldn't make up his mind... so maybe I'll have to go with Blood, Sweat and TEARS !

After reading about YOUR adventures (MISadventures?) with the new boat, it's sure made me happy I can't afford one!! What happens if some poor sap like me, with no 'fixing' skills, and no place to 'fix' it anyway, gets what you got? I can see this craft being ready just in time for Thanksgiving if I got it! I'm sure you'll be very apprehensive, even after you get everything ship-shape .. . . . just wondering what else could go wrong? I sure hope ya get SOME enjoyment out of it before the end of the boating season!

Guest Trophymuskie

Hey Wayne ever hear of well nuts? It saves a tonne of time and heartache by just drilling 1/2 inch holes and dropping in well nuts.

All this drama with your new boat goes to show there may be more then saving thousands by getting a slightly used one. ;)

Wayne thats great when we go to Quinte In November I won't have to come in for lunch I will supply the bread and cheese for hot grilled cheese sandwiches and hot Habitant soup out on Adolphus Reach.Nice rod holders.Oh and coleman makes a coffee maker for your stove you could bring some timmies coffee I don't mind :whistling::whistling: Thanks for the pics of your new set up Wayne.

125666.JPG

MTP

Hey Wayne ever hear of well nuts? It saves a tonne of time and heartache by just drilling 1/2 inch holes and dropping in well nuts.

All this drama with your new boat goes to show there may be more then saving thousands by getting a slightly used one. ;)

Yes Richard I know what well nuts/riv-nuts are but, no, I prefer to do things right the first time... no matter how difficult it gets!

...and I see you haven't found anyone to take that Crestliner off your hands yet... :D

Steve...if I get my butt out to the hangar she'll be ready to hit Georgian Bay tomorrow and I'll be getting at least 18 full weeks out of her before Christmas. If I'm gonna spend that much time in a boat...it's gonna be comfortable and set it up for me and my wife. She's even up for redoing the Princecraft advert (couple sleeping in boat bow) properly as we can sleep side to side in the stern on a queen air mattress.

And BUSTER..where the hell ya been lad.

Bunk, you can stop in and help me finish the project by slimming the thing up you know!

MTP..sad when you have to eat Grill Cheese at BOQ. Which is safer? The 'eyes or the processed cheese?

Edited by irishfield

Yes Richard I know what well nuts/riv-nuts are but, no, I prefer to do things right the first time... no matter how difficult it gets!

...and I see you haven't found anyone to take that Crestliner off your hands yet... :D

Steve...if I get my butt out to the hangar she'll be ready to hit Georgian Bay tomorrow and I'll be getting at least 18 full weeks out of her before Christmas. If I'm gonna spend that much time in a boat...it's gonna be comfortable and set it up for me and my wife. She's even up for redoing the Princecraft advert (couple sleeping in boat bow) properly as we can sleep side to side in the stern on a queen air mattress.

And BUSTER..where the hell ya been lad.

Bunk, you can stop in and help me finish the project by slimming the thing up you know!

MTP..sad when you have to eat Grill Cheese at BOQ. Which is safer? The 'eyes or the processed cheese?

Good call Wayne, well nuts would be a huge mistake. Last weekend I had the 4' boom riggers on 6" Bert's risers/swivels down with 10lb sharks and running dipsys at 3.5 on a 10'6" rod... the stress is enormous and my gunnals were flexing (your's won't LOL) and may have torn out well nuts.

I used 3/4" plywood backing on my Bert's tracks because I couldn't get my hands on 4"x1/4" (or 3/16") flat stock aluminium at the time. I will be replacing the plywood backers soon. I will be using full length backing (24")... it might support the gunnals a bit more and more importantly, I can feed it from the front to the rear-most mounts without removing floatation blocks. I will cut a 1"x1/2" slot in the side of the gunnal wall (interior) to slip a wrench in for tightening and then cover it with a snap-in access plate like a dash swith blank.

No sympathy for your arms... you could have ordered bigger speakers=bigger holes ;) or at the very least, move your workbench out from the wall to find your de-burring tool. That's where mine always ends up when it rolls off the workbench.

Hmmm, if only there was some sort of tape-like material that would adhere to the speaker opening to mask the burrs ;) Hockey tape works well too. If you're anything like me, you thought about taping but figured 'I'm almost done now...tough it out!' LOL

Keep up the good work Wayne... can't wait for the Lakair inspection!

-Brian

great job!! some times it's worth saving $$$ doing it yerself... and also more gratifying

i do all my work myself too.

very nice set-up by the way .

Did ya ever fish Net lake while yer in Temag?

if so let me know

Thanks

Sure now you suggest some tape around the hole Brian !! Where were you when I needed this advise....but like you said, yep almost done..just a few more HOURS... :huh:

Muskieman...have never fished Net Lake..sorry! And I do things myself because I'm a picky dude and like it done right. At a marina rate I'd be over $1000 in labour by now and the tracks would be bolted on upside down the way my lucks been going! B)

Well Wayne you have got every bell and whistle now.Looks like you could stay out for a couple of days at a time.Nice looking rig and well done.I had a few electrical problems and small trim problems with my Lund also.But I blame the dealer because it all should have been caught in the P.D.I.Thats what you pay for.At least its done now .Good luck with the new craft and how about a few pictures of that Verado?Dan

Dan, The Verado is going to take some getting use to. Digital throttle is TOUCHY..especially when throwing into reverse when docking. Click reverse and think about some throttle is enough...I just haven't taught myself that yet! :w00t: You can be going FULL bore at 55+ MPH and throw it in reverse. Engine will auto throttle down and then select reverse...I ain't gonna try it, but it can be done. Gear cut is such that pulling the power back quick is like throwing the brakes on..seat belts would be a good idea IMHO...to keep your head off the windshield.

Engine is quieter than the 9.9 kicker and you think it's shut off when you go to dock. That is why they made it so if you turn the key to start when it's already running it shuts off...as they know many will think the motor quit. If anyone is running anything else at the same dock, you have to put your ear to the engine cowl to hear it run.

lunda.jpg

Edited by irishfield

More stuff tidy'd up today. Planner mast lines retriever finished up

lundretriever.jpg

Drilled and tapped an end cap on each side for the rope stay.

lundretriever2.jpg

Ripped that brand new stove apart and did some drilling. Also realized it might be REALLY smart to put it on the side WITHOUT the fuel filler on it! :w00t:

lundstove.jpg

lundstove2.jpg

Added some good Aircraft hardware

lundstove3.jpg

Trial fit and some wing nuts underneath

lundstove4.jpg

Had to turn the pressure reg line fitting around. Requires heat to break the loctite and then found if I'd done that first I would have mounted the stove an inch or so closer to the boat so the bottle would have sat on the gunnel. Oh well...2 litre bottle will fix that..and there's always one of those on board.

If you're wondering why the mounts are offset to the left...it's to clear the grease catch tray that I wanted to leave on so we're not polluting the lake.

lundstove5.jpg

Made up some safety cables for the rods. Great when aircaft material and tools are just a few steps away

lundcables.jpg

lundcables2.jpg

Edited by irishfield