IBP parking cost

fisher

You don't find me parking at IBP Dave, If I wanna fish Simcoe I'll just make the run from Tiffin. I'd rather put that $25 in the boat :)

I heard a rumour that they were gonna start charging for the tiffins launch. It really is unfortunate, if the cost to park was reasonable, I would be ok with paying a little. But instead they are driving people away with the high cost

I heard a rumour that they were gonna start charging for the tiffins launch. It really is unfortunate, if the cost to park was reasonable, I would be ok with paying a little. But instead they are driving people away with the high cost

I'm a resident of Barrie, Tiffin launch for me is free.

I'm a resident of Barrie, Tiffin launch for me is free.

Where's are passes lol.

The tiffin pay parking is a done deal. The city even found a away to make it a giant pain for the residents even while giving them free passes.

The tiffin pay parking is a done deal. The city even found a away to make it a giant pain for the residents even while giving them free passes.

Where's are passes?lol.

Edited by davey buoy

I think that's the point. To drive folks away they are sick of the slobs and pigs

The not so funny thing is that the locals (Brian et al not included) have problems with getting their Timmy cups into the garbage cans too. Seen that a few times where the local strollers along the waterfront try for a hoop shot, miss and walk on. At least they have a blue Johnny rocket at the launch, no more peeing in the bushes.

As it currently stands the residents of Barrie who receive water bills will get one parking pass in the mail with their bill. The one pass can have a max of two plates listed on it. No solutions for people who might have more then 2 cars at one residents.

For the thousands of people who do not get a water bill other arrangements can be made. Have fun with that, since Barrie city council has been making this up as they go.

And as someone pointed out, the time for the paid parking (the launch is free, for now) is coming soon but few have received their pass.

I think I'll put a bug in Centre Wellington's ear. We used taxpayers money to build steps down to the Grand River and to prepare parking lots (with street lights) at access points. We've published maps(for out of towners) and organized a volunteer group to pickup garbage and stock the river (Friends of the Grand River). FOGR petitioned the MNR to pass special fishing regulations to ensure a good brown trout population wouldn't get stripped from the river every year. That's enough of that Bull, I want special priviledges as a taxpayer of Fergus/Elora. I want a parking ban on most side streets and a special pass to park in our access lots.

Why should Barrie and Innisfil be the only municipalities collecting money off of anglers?

DanO.

who pays to stock Simcoe?

Just local townsfolk, or all of Ontario tax payers / Fishing License holders?

It appears we all pay to stock, but only locals get to enjoy for free....outsiders have to pay to stock, and pay to use.

sounds like a fair plan.

If any out of towners want to fish Simcoe from Barrie,let me know. We can use my pass and you can take me fishing for free. :clapping:

I knew this pass thing could come to some good.. :D

You may want to add the towing vehicle licence plate in the box as well as yours.It would be a one time thing.I wonder if they run the plate to see if ownership was from Barrie?.I received mine.Looks like they have the glitches covered. :unsure:

Brian, you get one pass that can only have 2 plate numbers written on it.

WTH is that? So if I have a friend with a boat (which I dont have) he cant park using my tag? Thats bull.

I,ll be asking questions now.

Thanks Rob.

WTH is that? So if I have a friend with a boat (which I dont have) he cant park using my tag? Thats bull.

I,ll be asking questions now.

Thanks Rob.

That's the way I'm reading it.If you could tow with your vehicle no worries..It is giving you a option of two only vehicles you have.If you have 3 or more,not going to work.

I never fish Simcoe and probably couldn't find Innisfil Beach Road on a map, but it sure sounds like somebody doesn't want you boys around.

Why not tell them to stuff their boat ramp and give your hard earned money to someone who'll actually appreciate it.

Course that's just my take on what I read around here.

Perhaps funding for stocking the lakes should only come from the local ratepayers. It seems every year some group of ratepayers, in one town or another, wants to restrict or limit access to their local waterways. Save what little provincial funds available for stocking for bodies of water equally to all.

let Barrie and Innisfil pay to stock Simcoe, and pay for their own fisheries enforcement.

Perhaps funding for stocking the lakes should only come from the local ratepayers. It seems every year some group of ratepayers, in one town or another, wants to restrict or limit access to their local waterways. Save what little provincial funds available for stocking for bodies of water equally to all.

let Barrie and Innisfil pay to stock Simcoe, and pay for their own fisheries enforcement.

While everyone else comes here and takes limits of lakers and whities home? Do people complain about having to pay launching/parking fees on any of the numerous Lake O boat ramps?

While everyone else comes here and takes limits of lakers and whities home? Do people complain about having to pay launching/parking fees on any of the numerous Lake O boat ramps?

Would you appreciate paying $25 for the privilege of parking your car to fish the Niagara?

Most public ramps, like those on the Niagara, down my way are free. Private ramps are private. I do know that the local clubs are happy to participate and fund stocking in our area.

I know that NOTL instituted a permit system for resident only angling on public lands, and I am one of many who have since boycotted that town. Won't be caught spending a dime in the new basspro either, as I would then be supporting an NOTL business.

Edited by bigugli

Bill, name a ramp that charges $25 to launch on Lake O.

I know you love to play devils advocate, but let me know about that one.

I know Simcoe is one of the heaviest stocked lakes...from lakers to muskie....

How is it that we all pay to stock, but locals can launch for free....ridiculous if you ask me.